Christian College student expelled for being gay

Legal experts say private religious colleges are entirely within their rights to kick students out on the basis of their sexual orientation.

Gary Campbell was taken aback when he received word from Clark Summit University that he was being kicked out of the school, despite being just 6 credits shy of graduating. Apparently, officials at the small Christian college in Pennsylvania discovered a secret which led to their decision to dismiss him: Campbell is gay.

Since homosexuality is a clear violation of the school’s faith-inspired student conduct policy, officials determined Campbell should no longer be allowed to attend classes there. But Campbell wasn’t going to leave without a fight – especially given how close he was to graduating. He appealed their decision, asking university officials to make an exception under the circumstances. He even offered to attend his remaining classes online so he wouldn’t have to step foot on campus.

“I ask that you not view me only as a homosexual, but as a determined, compassionate, hard-working man who is of good moral character. My goal is to assist my community and help those who are struggling in the grip of addiction,” Campbell wrote.

The school denied his request.

Seeking Justice

Frustrated by the way he was treated, Campbell is considering taking the school to court. But legal experts say he faces a tough road ahead. Private religious colleges – so long as they don’t receive any federal assistance – are exempt from anti-discrimination laws such as Title IX. Barring other developments, it seems Clark Summit University is entirely within its rights to kick students out on the basis of their sexual orientation.

Humorous sign about lesbians going to hell

Will Christians ever accept gay people into the fold?

Christ-like or Cold-hearted?

As the details of this story came to light, critics were quick to ask the question: how Christ-like is it to expel a student because of who they choose to love?

Despite billing itself as a “Christ-centered institution” with an academic program built around the “Word of God,” Clark Summit University seems unconcerned by charges that its actions go against common Christian values of compassion and help for those in need. If the Bible says homosexuality is forbidden, then that’s that. To ignore this and allow a gay person to attend the school – even just through online classes – is out of the question, it seems.

As a private institution, laws protecting religious freedom allow the school to follow its convictions. However, that won’t stop critics from forming their own opinions. “Judge not lest ye be judged,” right?

Sinner Standoff

This incident is only the latest example of Christian values and gay rights clashing in the realm of education. You might remember the recent story of a Baptist teen whose parents refused to pay for his college tuition after he came out as gay. Other cases, however, have seen religious folks face consequences for their opposition to gay rights. Last year, a Christian student at a U.K. college was expelled after calling gay marriage “sinful” – a decision that sparked considerable anger in religious circles.

1. Dan Anderson says:

Apparently, this “school” is not accredited. If it were, they would not be able to discriminate as such.

Too bad that these people do not really understand what these passages in the bible that they use to reference to homosexuality, when in reality, it has NOTHING to do with it.

1. Clay says:

and Gomorrah was really the Garden of Eden.

1. susan says:

There was no garden of Eden, as there was no Adam & Eve.

I bet you have fond memories of that dream, don’t you Clay ?

2. kelly says:

What about Judge not lest ye be judge? Who is without sin? Jesus main teaching was to love God and then love others as you love yourself. How is this following the love other example of Jesus? It isn’t in my opinion. I feel very sorry for this young man. And if he should read this know I love you just as you are!

1. WILLIAM BAKER says:

JESUS ALSO COMMANDED HIS CHILDREN TO COME OUT FROM AMONG SINNERS,
        662-523-4258

1. Jim Montgomery says:

and sinners would include those who disobey the order to not pass judgement, as a matter of fact I believe that those people would be considered as hypocrites, according to the bible, but that is for god to decide and not me. So many of today’s Christians pick and choose which passages that fit into their attitude, that is not being a Christian, it all comes down to good deeds and good soul. Those who preach hate and judgement are placing themselves, and the souls of their followers in danger of eternal damnation.

1. b0blf says:

Jim: You need to read my comment to Kelly. You’re ‘picking and choosing’ instead of looking at the big picture.

2. Gary says:

If Jesus was so concerned about homosexuality, it is very strange that he made no mention of it in his 3 years of ministry. He called out a lot of other sins by name but not that issue.

1. b0blf says:

Gary: Pull your head out!

In Matthew 19:4&:5 Jesus DID address the sexual issue. NO way would His comments allow two of the same gender to be united.

AND, Jesus is God. So, if God calls homosexuality an abomination, Jesus has the same opinion.

The same goes for God. He had a choice of either banning slavery or shellfish.

He went with the obvious…..shellfish. !!!!!!!!

What sort of God is that?

2. b0blf says:

Kelly: Before you show your ignorance of the teachings of Jesus, you ought to do your homework.

In Matthew 7:6, :15-:16, and in 23:23 Jesus did quite a bit of ‘judging’. And, He taught us to judge ‘rightly’. in John 7:24. In Luke 17:3 we are told to ‘rebuke’ the errant.

All this involves discernment, perception, and judgement.

1. Ben says:

b0blf
          “All of us are under the righteous judgment of God right now because of our sinful nature. But there is an escape . . . turning to Jesus as our ONLY Savior Jesus took our ‘judgment’ on the cross.”
          I’m not a sinner, I’ve never sinned, I’ve got a friend named Apollo.
          I’m responsible for my own actions. I don’t need the cop-out of sin and “the devil made me do it”. I also don’t need saving. God isn’t righteous and there is no hell.

2. Campuscoll says:

B0blf, Matthew 19:1-12 deals with the Pharisees trying to test Jesus with his stance on divorce, not homosexuality. In no way does he speak of homosexual behavior and references Old Testament scripture. Jesus is not setting a New Testament precedent based on Old Testament scripture. He also speaks of eunuchs and their lot in life for not being able to consummate or participate in marriage of any kind. God called the eating of pork and shellfish an abomination along with mixed fabric clothing. Pull your head out, man. Jesus changed all that. Jesus dealt with sinners of every kind much more than His believers. Shouldn’t we deal with sinners the same way? Loving them and making our conduct more like Jesus Christ? Get off your hate bandwagon, please, before you send yourself to perdition with your hate.

3. -C- says:

Title IX, the federal policy which prevents discrimination has nothing to do with accreditation, it is a requirement of public funding. This college appears to be a private Baptist Seminary accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.

Although it was within their legal rights, it was an unconscionable and unchristian action to revoke his ability to complete his degree based. Hopefully a public institution will let him transfer and complete a degree without much more cost or delay.

And hopefully this story helps young LGBT people to make a choice of school that is a better fit. Owning your identity and building a life around it is much easier-in the long run- than keeping secrets and trying to fit into an artificial norm.

2. Rev William Dorsch says:

The school has every right not to accept a gay/lesbian student especially if it’s a Christian School. Let me sight Leviticus 18. The School is in my opinion following the word of God.

1. Rev. Rene says:

Yes, this is certainly true, except…….They had already accepted this student to partake AND undoubtedly pay for the curriculum. And since he was apparently very close to finishing the class, and was willing to finish off campus so as to not disturb the moral majority of the school, it is in my opinion very nearsighted to expel , as well as unchristian!!!

1. Jim D says:

The problem here, Rev. Rene, is that the student lied. The article says, “homosexuality is a clear violation of the school’s faith-inspired student conduct policy.” I’m sure the student was provided this before he even applied. He attended the school under false pretenses, and he was caught. No, they should not make an exception for him. They have no obligation to do that. Sorry, but that’s the cold, harsh reality.

Now, that being said, I think this situation is crap. In this day and age, to think there are institutions that still discriminate against gay people is absurd. As I inferred earlier, the college has the right not to allow gay people to attend. Then who in their right mind would still attend such a college? This is no different than the baker that doesn’t want to bake a wedding cake for a same-sex couple. Why is the baker forced to violate his/her beliefs, but this college isn’t? It’s a ton of BS with a cherry on top.

IMHO, government should stay out of the whole thing because government sucks at everything anyway. If the baker and this college want to be homophobic, let them. In time, people will stop going to that baker and attending that college, mostly because I believe most people get it. They understand that the same sex couple and the gay student are just people trying to live their lives. Dinosaurs died out for a reason… they could not adapt. Narrow-minded bakers and homophobic colleges will go the way of the dinosaur one day, or they will learn to adapt.

2. susan says:

This is one of those situations where they should have just made an exception. They had already accepted and taken his money for several years. Since he was so close to graduation, AND IN ADDITION, had offered not to set foot on the campus, they should have allowed it. That would, after all, be the kind and compassionate way to treat someone as you would like to be treated. I believe that this is referred to as the “Golden Rule”.

And while you’re citing Leviticus, perhaps you should take a moment to look up the origins of what you cite, in addition to the correct spelling of the word “cite”. Since we all now know that there was no Moses, the entire book of Leviticus is pretty much invalid.

No one KNOWS that there was no Moses.

1. Thom says:

It has been acknowledged by two of the oldest religions who admit the Bible are myths and stories told to teach the lessons. No historical credit.

2. susan says:

Sure we do. Even Orthodox Jews have stated that the stories were just myths and legends, and that there was no Abraham or Adam & Eve and that they were no one’s ancestors. There was no Exodus. The stories conflict with all of the known historical records, so much, that they simply cannot be accepted as truth. They were written in a language that did not exist at the time that Moses supposedly lived. I could go on but it is now generally accepted that the books were never intended to be taken literally or historically.

1. Lionheart. says:

Yes, a virgin birth has as much credence as the talking snake and talking ass, not to mention the Moses issue.

2. b0blf says:

Susan: Where is your head? . . . . (pretty obvious)

Recent archaeologists have found encrusted chariot wheels and chariot axles on the sea floor. at the site of the Israelites’ crossing. Other related artifacts also exist there.

They’ve also found five cities (including Sodom and Gomorrah) reduced to the type of destruction and ashes that only fire and brimstone could produce.

It’d do you well to know what your’re talking about before embarrassing yourself.

Okay, so, where is your proof? How can you demonstrate your proof? Of course you cannot. You choose to believe what you believe.

BTW, how do you explain the granite columns that Solomon had erected on each side of the Gulf of Aqaba only 400 years after the Exodus? Was Solomon in the business of creating myth?

2. WILLIAM BAKER says:

GOD NEVER MAKES EXCEPTIONS. THERE WAS A MOSES.

1. Jim Montgomery says:

what do you think that Jesus Christ was sent to live among men and die for their sins on the cross was for? It is the very definition of making exceptions.

3. Nathaniel Robert Hunt says:

Then the school needs to return his money , and Leviticus also banns pork /work on Saturday and mixed clothing

1. Ben says:

Leviticus is only a history book. Christians are only supposed to follow the new testament as taught by christ.

Leviticus is a law book and there is no scripture stating that Christians are only supposed to follow the “new testament”.

1. Ben says:

Hebrews 8:6-13. “But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also the Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah- “not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. “None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. “For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away”.

Our Bible has an Old Testament and a New Testament. The Old Testament was given to the Jews, the New Testament commands were given to all nations.

Also, the New Testament has taken the place of the Old Testament. God’s people today are not under the Old Testament. We are under the New.

My landlord is Muslim. So when I feed him pork chops off my grill I tell him they’re chicken, and he doesn’t have a problem eating them. People only say and do what’s convenient for them at the time.

1. WILLIAM BAKER says:

3. Lillian Moss says:

Now, that’s a relevant comment, Mr. Hunt. Many Christians pick and choose what they will acknowledge as the word of God among the words in the Bible. Growing up Jewish, I learned that there are 613 mitzvot (commandments) in the “old testament” alone. When a person who condemns LGBTQ stops eating cheeseburgers and shaving “the corners of their beards” then their opinions about the word of God will have merit.

1. Campuscoll says:

Brava Lillian. Hypocrites abound on this site and in Christian churches. I work in a church and see it almost every day.

Have you heard that opinions are like a–holes. We all have one and they all stink. Didn’t you know that the author of Leviticus was a closet queen?

He knew what would happen if he came out. He should have stayed in the closet until he graduated, but nope. Just couldn’t do it. It was in him and it had to come out. Like having to dance when music plays, he had to let it out. I still think it’s mean they wouldn’t let him graduate, but since everybody knows about it, it’s about standards now.

1. Ben says:

No one should be ashamed of who they are.
      What kind of cruel divinity creates someone and then say that his creation is unlawful?

1. WILLIAM BAKER says:

THAT’S WHY THE WORLD IS GOING TO HELL. IF PEOPLE ARE NOT ASHAMED OF BEING A SINNER. HOW CAN THEY EVER TURN YO CHRIST? ALL MUST REPENT (BE SORRY) FOR THEIR SINS BEFORE CHRIST WILL ACCEPT THEM. CHRIST’S DIVINITY IS PERFECT. HE CAN NOT BE WRONG.

William, you are too funny. There isn’t any hell, and if there was it’s very clear you’d be going there. Grow up and get educated.

2. Ben says:

I don’t believe in hell. I left the Christian church because god is cruel & hates his creation.

2. Minister Carey says:

So funny the way you expressed this.

3. susan says:

If your god hadn’t created him gay in the first place, he wouldn’t have had to “come out”. If it was “in him”, then your god put it in him.

Yes, it is beyond “mean” that they wouldn’t let him graduate. If you acknowledge that, then how is it that you can, at the same time, condemn him for being exactly and precisely what he was created to be. “It’s about standards now.”? So, it’s acceptable to be mean if it’s about standards? I can only have sadness and pity for anyone who has fallen to that low “standard”.

Thank you for reminding me of one of the many reasons why I left the “mean” church. When standards are more important than human love and kindness, I think that you may have lost your way because of those standards. “Judge not, lest you be judged.”. Isn’t that in one of your holy books somewhere?

Like having to dance when music plays (isn’t that the point of music anyways?), I have to let it out too. Your cold hatred just makes me very sad. I must choose to reject your “standards”. This is exactly and precisely why I left the xtian church. I choose to live in love and compassion and understanding. Perhaps I should apologize for that but then again, “What would jesus do?”. I seem to recall that he hung around with prostitutes and criminals.

I’m sorry. You must be reading some things INTO my comment which I did not write. Where did I condemn anyone? He was in the closet all through school, and for whatever reason came out right before finishing. He should have remained in the closet until he got his degree, and THEN come out.
        About standards? That just means they aren’t going to reverse their position or that would be admitting error.
        I lost MY way? I’m not the one who just blew a college degree.

Cold hatred? You must be insane. Your commentary ON my comment is four times longer than my comment. Your silly and self-righteous.

correction: …You’re silly…

2. eric karr says:

1. Ben says:

They’re is no common sense in what happened to this kid.

3. susan says:

“He should have stayed in the closet until he graduated”. That is a condemnation. You have no information that he said anything. It is not stated in the article that he came out to anyone at all. In fact, it states that they discovered a “secret” which implies that it was most definitely now well known. Your suggestion that he just “had” to let it out is just cruel. As if people can or should go around in shame if they cannot hide who they are from everyone else.

2. Val Jester says:

Does God create people with Cystic Fibrosis? Or hypertensive disorder with head banging? No. Neither does he create gay people. We are born with a plethora of issues because of a sinful world. I would suggest Bible first and political ideology second.

Sorry Val but your comment is an absolute load of indoctrinated rubbish. You’ll be saying next that the earth is only 6,000 years old, and we only exists because of that drunkard that built an ark.

2. b0blf says:

Excellent! God would not create something of which He disapproves.

@b0blf. Good point, so lets get back to slavery, and stoning people for picking up sticks on the sabbath. He created, and directed, both of these two stupid edicts that he felt good about.

Let’s also blame all the illnesses of the earth on the sins of mankind. It sounds like a good cop-out plan to me that I think we can get away with if we play our religious cards right.

And as for priests molesting children, we can not only blame the priests for not following a loving god that does absolutely nothing about it, but we can also blame the little boys and girls because they obviously deserved it didn’t they for being born in sin? That’s an excellent cop-out plan to blame Adam and Eve, who we know didn’t exist.

With a bit of luck I think we’ll get away with it as long as we try to keep education as low as possible. We don’t want people using logic, reason, and intelligent thought or they might start to see through our cunning plan.

3. Ben says:

Didn’t god create everything?
          You Christians and your cherry picking what teachings you follow is disgusting.
          Namely you’ve all forgotten “judge not, lest he be judged”.
          All of your Gary bashers are willful sinners.

1. b0blf says:

Ben: To avoid further embarrassment to your self, why don’t you do your ‘homework’ on issues before showing your lack of scholarship. Your cherry picking of ‘judge not lest he be judged’ is proof off this.

Jesus Himself judged: Matthew 7:6, :15,:16. And, He advised us how to Judge: John 7:24. AND, in Luke 17:3 we’re encouraged to ‘rebuke’ the errant, which involves judging..

The Scriptures have many examples of being discerning, perceptive and judgmental.

AND, your 14 Sep is inane. Jesus many times referred to the Old
            Testament in His ministry.

2. WILLIAM BAKER says:

GOD DID NOT CREATE HIM AS A GAY MAN. HE CHOSE TO BE GAY. AND IF HE DOES NOT ACCEPT CHRIST IN HIS LIFE. HE WILL BURN IN HELL FOREVER.

4. susan says:

Does your god create babies with congenital heart disease? Yes he does, according to anyone that believes that he created all humans. A baby that is born only to suffer it’s entire life and then die before her first birthday? What sin did she or any other infant commit that they should be condemned to such suffering? Babies all over the world that are born into hunger and starve to death, are condemned before they are even born. Why do you suggest “Bible first”, as if we don’t all know already exactly and precisely what it says. I have read your so called holy book from cover to cover, many times over. I have no political idealogy here. If that is the god that you choose to worship, have fun with that. As far as I am concerned, your god is a cruel monster and frankly, I would rather burn in hell than worship him.

4. susan says:

The article does not say how the information came out. It is entirely possible that the student had nothing to do with the information coming out and it is entirely possible that he discovered that he was gay, during his years of study at the college.

It’s also entirely possible that someone saw him giving a B.J. in the men’s restroom. It’s entirely possible that he was going down on their nelly, old principle, for extra credit, and that he did it, like always, in the name of Jesus, but the principle was in fear of losing his job, and that superseded the will of his god.

5. Thom says:

Not correct to assume it was the student who wanted to dance. Sometimes vengeful people cause the trouble. Many of us aren’t as you insinuate. Please don’t make generalizations about us. Know we are diverse and part of the same human genomes as all of us.

Thom, the part about dancing was metaphorical. Diverse. Yeah. What generalization did I make? You read something I didn’t write.

2. WILLIAM BAKER says:

SOME HUMANS ARE CHILDREN OF THE DEVIL AND SOME CHILDREN OF GOD. WE HAVE CHOICE TO BE SAVED OR GO TO HELL. IT IS ENTIRELY UP TO EACH PERSON.

1. Ben says:

Stop shouting William, it’s rude.
          I’m a child of Gaia, not of your god or your devil.

6. eric karr says:

Could not agree more, should have stayed in the closet a little while longer. I mean he knew it was a Christian based school

7. Ben says:

John Owens the article said that they “discovered he was gay”, not that he went public.
      Q: What did christ say about homosexuality?
      A: Nothing.
      And that’s what should have happened to this poor kid, nothing.

I agree emphatically with John Owens. He brought it on himself. He could have waited until after graduation and posted on Facebook that a gay student finally graduated from that university. And I suggest that other gay students there keep quiet about it until after graduation, and do the same thing. That will really give them something to pray about.

9. Jeff Hunt says:

The article doesn’t say he “came out”. Here is the text shown in the article: “Apparently, officials at the small Christian college in Pennsylvania discovered a secret which led to their decision to dismiss him: Campbell is gay.” Sounds to me more like someone else “outed” him.

4. R. Lyle knight says:

I wonder would Jesus do it thus the school has the right it not sure the ma. They claim to represent would ‘ve the same

5. R. Lyle knight says:

I wonder would Jesus do it thus
    The school has the right it not sure the man. They claim to represent would have done the same

1. susan says:

And if the man they claim to represent would have done the same, then they should not represent him.

6. Ricardo Camara says:

Whats the schools exact policy that disqualifies him? And what exactly does the school say? I find it hard to believe that
    any christian institution would discriminate against someone because he is gay. The policy might be something like, ” you are
    not allowed to brag or broadcast that you are gay,” or something like that.

1. susan says:

You are joking, right? Discriminating against gay people is kind of a pastime for xtians.

Sure. They have video games for that. Right.

2. eric karr says:

It has not a thing with being ok with him being ,could really careless but to come out right beforehand like he did, that’s on him let’s all grow up if you left what ever.he for sure went against a policy

3. WILLIAM BAKER says:

GOD WILL NOT ALLOW GAY PEOPLE INTO HEAVEN. IS THAT HIS RIGHT OR IS THAT DISCRIMINATION?

1. John D. Partin says:

William Baker, you can’t possibly know what God will or won’t do about letting gay people into Heaven just from some homophobic verses in the Bible, which were written in order to make “God agree with them” and impose their views on other people and control them, because they didn’t speak for God or really know God’s mind anymore than you speak for God or know His mind. If God were to keep gay people out of Heaven because of their “sin” (as you say) of homosexuality, He would also keep you and other people like you out of Heaven because of your sin of narrow and small mindedness, since He doesn’t want people to be narrow and small minded. God doesn’t keep gay people out of Heaven and I know this because God is love and loves and accepts all people equally, unlike you and your ilk who don’t love and accept all people equally. You should be very thankful that God is love and loves and accepts all people, instead of the narrow and small minded bigot that you believe that He is, because if He were that narrow and small minded, you and everybody like you would be right at the head of the line going down to Hell!!!

2. Ben says:

William first no need to shout.
          All who go to christ, will get to heaven.
          Though, why would you want to?
          It’s an eternity of telling a vengeful and cruel divinity; how awesome he is.
          I chose reincarnation thanks.

7. Clyde says:

Medieval morons. This is America, not some theocracy without a First Amendment. No one. Repeat, no one has the right to judge by gender. I hope he sues them into the ground. If you are a Christian, only the words of Jesus count. Period. He was the New Sacrament, which relegates the Old Testament down to a mere history book, not a law book. Prophets and Disciples after him are just noise unless they quote him. Too bad there are so few Christians who understand the Bible and do WJWD (what Jesus would do). Hypocrites test my patience.

1. susan says:

Well, even Orthodox Jews have acknowledged that it is not really a history book. It is mostly fiction, poetry, stories and myths, with a little bit of exaggerated history thrown in. They have openly stated that there was no Adam & Eve, no Moses or Abraham and no Noah. Most biblical scholars know this.

2. Val Jester says:

Oh boy. How do you pack so much emotional ignorance into one post. He has no legal case. Read Romans One. That is a New Testament book. I will be most interested to observe the hermeneutical gymnastics you will engage in to circumvent Paul’s writings. This also has NOTHING to do with the first amendment.

8. John D. Partin says:

Allow me to be the first, then, to post in this blog and say that kicking Gary Campbell out of school because he is gay is definitely anti-Christian and not in harmony with the practice, teaching, and spirit of Jesus Christ, Who said: “Come unto me, all you who are troubled and weighted down with care, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28) and “All that the Father gives me shall come to me, and the one who comes to me I shall certainly not cast out” (John 6:37). When even so-called “Christian” universities and “churches” aren’t even coming up to the standard of the secular world and even the Church of Satan, to whom they are supposed to be an example and teacher in acceptance and love of all people, in accepting gay people as much as they do, why should the world and Satanists consider them to be any kind of true “moral teacher”?!!! Casting people out whom Christ says that He will not cast out is disobedience to Him, Whom you claim as your “Lord and “Master”!!!

9. Ben says:

He should receive a 100% refund from the school.
    The Dean should be ashamed.
    Good Christian values? Bah!

10. b0blf says:

Partin: Up to your usual ambiguous ‘standard’ of literary nonsense, I see.

Campbell was aware of the school’s rules. The rules are legal in the private school business by the way. He was stupid to ‘come out’ so close to graduation time. He ‘kicked himself out’ of the school by his actions, by his choice.

And, your Bible quotes are most inappropriate in this instance.. Those who ‘came to Jesus’ in the Scriptures were serious about their concerns.. They had needs and looked to Jesus as the supplier of those needs. (The exceptions would be the religious leaders, trying to argue with Jesus.)

Your John reference is absurd . . . . the Father is going to ‘give’ His pure righteous Son one of these misfits? No! And the ‘rest’, real rest, in Matthew is freedom from the cares/burdens of sin

IF the LGBTQXYZ-ers come to Jesus to get their lives straightened out, of course Jesus will accommodate them. If they come to Him for approval, toleration, and or/acceptance of their abnormal, sinful lifestyle, then Light and darkness are incompatible.

God’s Word is replete with instances of condemnation of those who practice these abominable, unnatural, sensuous behaviors.

1. J says:

Jesus was the son of God (love)… We all are… Is it a sin to condemn an others sin? Only human conflict can create sin.

Oh stop it and grow up!

2. John D. Partin says:

b0blf, gay people aren’t “misfits”, except according to you and your ilk because Jesus Himself NEVER!!!! said anything against gay people, They don’t need their lives straightened out, except, again, according to you and your ilk. And whoever told you that your life or “thinking” or the rest of those other people’s lives and “thinking” like you was so straight because whoever told you that LIED!!!! to you?!!! Gay people don’t have anything to confess or repent of, just from their being gay, except, again, according to you and other SMALL!!! or NO!!!!! “minded” people!!! Gay people have every bit as much right to come to Jesus, without their repenting of imaginary “sins”, as everyone else does. Your kind are the only people who would block them from doing so and you don’t speak for Jesus or God, except in your own warped “thinking”!!! The Bible verses that condemn homosexuality were written by homophobes, in order to make “God agree with them” and so impose their views on other people and control them. David loved Jonathan with a love “passing the love of women” and that can’t be honestly viewed as anything other than homosexuality, since there isn’t any love of one man for another “passing the love of women” other than homosexuality. So, God Himself (apart from the words that are put into His mouth by bigots) has no problem with homosexuality, since He blessed David and Jonathan’s love for each other and union. Neither did God have a problem with Ruth and Naomi’s love for each other or with John the disciple’s and Jesus’ love for each other or with Jesus’ having the young man with him who fled naked from Him (Mark 14:51-52). So, Jesus Himself was gay and, therefore, quite obviously, wouldn’t have a problem with anyone else’s being gay. It doesn’t matter that Campbell came out so close to graduation or that it was in a private school because this, along with every other human right, is just a matter of those rights, which should be given, no matter where you are. “LGBTQXYZ-ers” is a very ignorant and bigoted comment for you or anyone else to make and only shows how narrow and small—or, actually, NO!!!!—“minded” you are, since you wouldn’t want anyone else to make up a stupid name about your group, too (whatever your group—other than obvious bigots!!!!—might be). So, don’t do to gay people or anyone else what you wouldn’t want done to yourself, which is also Jesus’ teaching, if you actually believe in following His teaching. Homosexuality isn’t abominable, unnatural or sensuous, except, again, according to bigots such as yourself. The Bible calls many things that you and other people like you do, too, abominable. Bigotry is ABOMINABLE!!!! in the eyes of God!!!! “Let him who is without sin among you cast the first stone” and “First remove the beam from your own eye and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye” and “You are like whited sepulchers, all clean and good on the outside, but inside full of dead men’s bones and all corruption”.

1. Ben says:

Well said John

3. WILLIAM BAKER says:

AMEN. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

11. J says:

Being that the world is headed backwards in evolution (as a whole). See the movie “Idrocracy”. I’ll say homoerctus, homerectus or homosapians are only about 1/3 humans (cellular speaking). Gender conflict is more of a chronic intestinal / 2nd brain imbalance. A gross malfunction of metabolic actions by the LBS & the brain. I’d say this Gary student should have kept his sexual pref’s under wraps a bit better and a bit longer. He is there to learn, not advertise personal views. How did it officially get out? Was he gay B4 signing up for the private collage? Did the collage know long B4 the termination & wait till the 12-hr to terminate? To many unanswered questions to jump to assuming & inventory taking here. The legal grounds are. No gov $$$ no gays allowed. The baker guy gets no government $$$. Guess the baker can also elect to bake no cake, the school has no duty to offer (non-custom) services to a gay. Right or wrong, good or bad. Go where ones is compatible.

1. BethKCZ says:

The extinct species of humanoids were more than 99% human, genetically speaking. We know that chimpanzees share more than 99% of genes with modern humans. Being gay is not the same thing as gender conflict, and neither have anything to do with “intestinal imbalance”.

Nonetheless, being non-Christian and having nothing whatsoever against anyone gay, lesbian, or in any sort of gender conflict, and support them dealing with it any way they choose without discrimination, in THIS instance, I have to agree with the school. They had in their policies “no homosexuals”. I’m not sure if this refers to homosexual identity, feelings, or actions. He had a choice, and he chose to go to that school. He did NOT just wake up one day in his senior year and say, “Yes, I think I’m gay.” No, he knew it for a long time. He brought this upon himself.

He could have gone to any number of other schools, some of which are accredited and are eligible for Title IX funding. Those are also eligible to get federal funds, including Pell Grants and Federally Guaranteed Student Loans. Nonaccredited schools which cannot receive Federal funds are also excluded from many private scholarship and loan programs. My point is that he paid for this himself – because he wanted to.

If he is permitted to graduate, he’ll have the dubious extinction of being allowed to say, “I’m an anti-gay bigot” on his resume forever. What he won’t be able to say is, “I got a quality education in (field) from a respected, accredited school.”

Can’t he get his credits transferred to another college ?

12. J says:

I do believe there was a few words of wisdom that some could interpret as Jesus being gay. IE: An Examination of the Secret Gospel of Mark. What do the missing books of the bible contain? The current bible as we read it, understand it. Mis-translate it & spin it thru ones personal phaneron is a contributing factor to all this conflict. Who is to know what yin or yang is any more. What did “GAY” mean 2k+ years ago? To all the name callers & judgment passers out there. In these past few centuries, every one is making Jesus what they want him to be or is taught what Jesus should be makes a mess of the PERSONAL path each of us is to derive from the teachings of any philosopher. BTW, GOD (which is love) dose no condemning. Only humans do. Follow the lord (Lord = LAWS of existence) or parish. As one pastor put it, “swim w/ the universal current or drown”.

1. susan says:

Secret gospels. Missing books. Mistranslated. No one even has any idea who wrote those books. They should all be ignored and/or burned.

2. Ben says:

J they didn’t use the word gay. It was something like a man shalt not lie with another man, like a man lies with a woman.
      God created the LBGTQ people, so he could torture them for being what he made then to be.
      God’s a sick, twisted and cruel-ass monster. No wonder nobody can know his name.

1. eric karr says:

Man God is great, but he can seem like a monster, better to be with him than against him. As far as I understand if you practice something God doesn’t like . There is he’ll to pay

1. Ben says:

To quote Stephen Frye,
          “bone cancer in children, what’s that about? How dare you? How dare you create a world in which there is such misery that is not our fault? It’s not right, it’s utterly, utterly evil. Why should I respect a capricious, mean-minded, stupid God who creates a world that is so full of injustice and pain.”
          “Yes the world is very splendid but it also has in it insects whose whole life cycle is to burrow into the eyes of children and make them blind, they eat outwards from the eyes. Why, why did you do that to us? You could easily have made a creation in which that didn’t exist. “

Go for the gusto,Ben, but karmic debt can follow us from one life to the next, and thereafter. Maybe those sweet, innocent children who are dying from cancer now were Nazi soldiers in their last life, or something worse. We have to learn our lessons (so to speak), if we’re ever going to return to the source, the All, reach Nirvana, or whatever you want to call it.

13. Gary Hynous says:

If God created all creatures on Earth great and small and, in fact, all of creation, then it stands to reason that he created all the varieties of sexuality. He is, after all omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. Perhaps these clergy need to revisit their ecclesiastical training and take a few refresher courses.

1. Clay says:

There’s a fool born every minute – here’s the last three minutes.

Agreed Clay! Tests have proved that three out of four creationists are just as uneducated as the fourth 🙂

It seems the Bible is replete with sexuality in all of its forms, if you want to believe it, ranging from Adam and his incestuous family, to Noah’s daughters having sex with him while he was drunk. Not to mention, Sodom and Gomorrah, and whoever it was that “really” put Mary in the family way. Now there’s a great cover up story if ever there was one! You wouldn’t get away with that as an excuse today, would you, and yet people still believe it, so I guess gullibility still reigns even in this day and age.

Noah’s daughters did not have sex with him. Lot’s daughters did that with Lot. Just saying.

You are quite right, thank you for the correction. I was getting confused about gods favorite drunkards in the Bible, they seemed to be more favored 🙂

Noah got buzzed and HAM went in and uncovered him and looked at him lying naked.

2. eric karr says:

Ouch needed that

15. Ben says:

How is it this one gray kid in PA is expelled, but nothing happened to those 300+ pedophile priests in PA?
    Hipocrites!

Good point.

16. Nathaniel Robert Hunt says:

Then the school needs to return his money and reimburse him for any study materials he had to buy

17. Linda Happenny says:

The article says at the beginning of it “The Christian College…Discovered a secret which led to their decision…” So I think someone found out and told. It doesn’t say he told. Either way I think it was wrong to expel someone so close to graduating.

This was probably discovered through social media. Just a WAG.

19. Steve Edwards says:

I just have one question. How do any one of you thing this ok to be gay. I do not pass judgment on any one that God’s job, But however when God seen that Adam was lonely he put him in a deep sleep and took a rib from him a made woman for a help mate and said unto them go you therefore and be FRUITFULL and to multiple. Now pretty sure that man on man in a sexual relationship is not able too bear children. If everyone took the amount of time they use on trying to convince everyone that gay okay and put to spreading the word about Jesus every one most likely have salvation by now. Just remember it not about us it’s about our FARTHER in heaven GOD himself. Who by the way is still in charge. May God bless each and everyone of you and give you the love and understanding that you are seeking.

1. Ben says:

Steve – Did you graduate high school? Cause over 30 years ago, I was taught that to be gay or not isn’t a choice, You’re born that way. Scientific fact. That makes being gay natural. What’s more, here in America we have a right to: life, liberty & the pursuit of happiness. Why should gay people be alone?
      Adam had Lilith before Eve, but asked god to get rid of her, cause she was to aggressive(she wanted to be on top). Eve was made to be submissive and is his 2nd wife.
      Jesus said love your neighbor as yourself and you’re sowing hate.

1. Steve Edwards says:

After reading several of your comments that people have written in about your unfortunate well-being I’ve come to realize you’re trying to make this all about you never not one time did I mention anything about education or anything personally about you being gay if you feel you’re born that way that your ignorance I still believe in the true values of what God says in his word you’re one of those people who want to take the Bible and make it your way so you feel better if the truth hurts your feelings then you might want to look into what God is saying don’t try to convince everybody else that you’re right it’s OK to be wrong but Amitting that sometimes people have a problem with that like yourself my advice is to get over yourself and get on with your life no matter how you want to live it it’s your Right to want to live and choose what ever you want not anybody else’s your the one that respondable to God as far as hate goes the only thing I hate is the sin people lives like trying to convince other people that they’re right instead of trying to show out of love and respect you have a lot of issues that you need to work out and this wil be my last time to reply to you because I’m not going to join in to your ignorance again may God bless you and show you the truth and the light of righteousness if you would spend as much time trying to convince everyone it’s okay to be gay and try to get everyone to feel sorry for you and put to actually studying Gods word you would finally realize that your not right and by the way before you start trying to say anything about my education or morals of live we’re not talking about mine you are reaching out on the internet to get fuel to keep you alive in ingredients stop trying to blame everyone else stand up like a man and face the facts

1. Ben says:

Steve – I’m using scientific FACT. I’m not gay, I’m not looking for anything other then for ignorant Christians to wake up & STOP THE HATE. You supposedly worship the prince of peace but all I hear is hate and intolerance out of Christian’s like you.
          May the full horror of your actions be revealed to you.

20. Thomas Wilson says:

The school is clearly wrong about biblical teaching on this subject. However, what did he expect to happen if they ever found out. Why in the world would someone who is a member of the LGBTQIA community even consider going to that school in the first place. I completely disagree with the schools stand on this based on the fact that the passages within bibles in English speaking on the topic are either poorly or fraudulently translated to fit a religious bias against the LGBTQIA community. Most of those passages in the new testament in the original Greek were actually speaking about men who had sex with male child sex slaves in religious temples. They had nothing to do with consensual same sex relations.

Regardless, he chose to go to a school either without first finding out their stand on his sexuality or choosing to go in spite of it. Every choice has a consequence in this country it is not considered a hate crime to believe what this school believes so he should neither be angry or disappointed at their decision as it was a consequence of his deciding to go to a school that considers same sex relations a sin. He has no right or IMO moral standing to sue them.

21. Lea Weisenbach says:

I went to a Catholic grade school…No way was I going to a Catholic high school. I wanted a better education.
    But I wonder why would he go to a Christian school knowing he is gay..why put yourself through this BS.
    You don’t need the churches ok in being a good person..The church is not worth it…move on

22. Chery Esau, R.N. says:

Jesus is one of the Many Pantheons. Doesn’t anyone realize that both Christianity and Judism are both in their infancy. There are many more ancient religions. These religions encourage all people to be who they are and not let others dictate to them. So those who think they are the walking holy spirit need to reevaluate their bullish attitude. If we are looking into the Bible, then we need to read the scripture where Jesus says, I am the son of god, and you are all my brothers and sisters. So Who does that make us????? I will spell it out…….children of god, and if he was god, then so are we!!!!!!

1. b0blf says:

Esau” Please cite the Scripture reference where Jesus says, ‘ I am the son . . . brothers and sisters.’

23. Apostle Dr. C.N. Turrell says:

Lev 18; Ro 1 tell us that Homosexuality is a SIN. Also in Gensis 1 it tells us that he made male and female. So those that think it is ok to be this way, need to read the Bible again and study it.

1. Ben says:

Apostle Dr. C.N. Turrell;
      Have you ever sold a house and moved? Cause that’s also a sin.
      Don’t quote Leviticus unless you obey it entirely.
      Here’s a sample:

1. Burning any yeast or honey in offerings to God (2:11) [Normal penalty.]

2. Failing to include salt in offerings to God (2:13) [Normal penalty.]

3. Eating fat (3:17) [That one’s “a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live.” All fat is to be saved for offerings to God. Normal penalty.]

4. Eating blood (3:17) [Normal penalty]

5. Failing to testify against any wrongdoing you’ve witnessed (5:1) [“They will be held responsible.”]

6. Failing to testify against any wrongdoing you’ve been told about (5:1) [Which sounds like hearsay. At any rate, “they shall be held responsible.”]

7. Touching an unclean animal (5:2) [NIV translates this as touching “the carcass” of an unclean animal. So if Rover dies, or you’re a worker in a pork plant, you’re in trouble here. Normal penalty.]

8. Carelessly making an oath (5:4) [Even if you don’t realize you have. Normal penalty.]

9. Deceiving a neighbour about something trusted to them (6:2) [Return the item and a 20% penalty, plus normal penalty.]

10. Finding lost property and lying about it (6:3) [Return the item and a 20% penalty, plus normal penalty.]

11. Bringing unauthorised fire before God (10:1) [God will smite you.]

12. Letting your hair become unkempt (10:6) [“You will die” and God will be angry at everyone. May only apply to the priesthood.]

13. Tearing your clothes (10:6) [“You will die” and God will be angry at everyone. May only apply to the priesthood.]

14. Drinking alcohol in holy places (bit of a problem for Catholics, this ‘un) (10:9) [“You will die.” May only apply to the priesthood.]

15. Eating an animal which doesn’t both chew cud and has a divided hoof (cf: camel, rabbit, pig) (11:4-7) [“You will be unclean.]

16. Touching the carcass of any of the above (problems here for rugby) (11:8) [“You will be unclean.”]

17. Eating – or touching the carcass of – any seafood without fins or scales (11:10-12) [“You will be unclean.”]

18. Eating – or touching the carcass of – eagle, the vulture, the black vulture, the red kite, any kind of black kite, any kind of raven, the horned owl, the screech owl, the gull, any kind of hawk, the little owl, the cormorant, the great owl, the white owl, the desert owl, the osprey, the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat. (11:13-19) [“You will be unclean.”]

19. Eating – or touching the carcass of – flying insects with four legs, unless those legs are jointed (11:20-22) [“You will be unclean.”]

20. Eating any animal which walks on all four and has paws (good news for cats) (11:27) [“You will be unclean.” Also applies to touching their carcasses.]

21. Eating – or touching the carcass of – the weasel, the rat, any kind of great lizard,the gecko, the monitor lizard, the wall lizard, the skink and the chameleon (11:29) [“You will be unclean.”]

22. Eating – or touching the carcass of – any creature which crawls on many legs, or its belly (11:41-42) [“You will be unclean.”]

23. Going to church within 33 days after giving birth to a boy (12:4) [Actually, she’s unclean a week, and then another 33 days. Then she has to offer up a sacrifice.]

24. Going to church within 66 days after giving birth to a girl (12:5) [Actually, she’s unclean a week, and then another 66 days. Then she has to offer up a sacrifice.]

25. Having sex with your mother (18:7) [The penalty for all the sexual sins in ch. 18 is that the participants are to be “cut off” from their people. Some have additional penalties mentioned below.]

26. Having sex with your father’s wife (18:8) [In 20:11, both are to be put to death.]

27. Having sex with your sister (18:9) [In 20:17, if you marry her, both are to be “publicly removed from their people”]

28. Having sex with your granddaughter (18:10)

29. Having sex with your half-sister (18:11)

30. Having sex with your biological aunt (18:12-13) [In 20:19, he will be held responsible for the dishonor.]

31. Having sex with your uncle’s wife (18:14) [In 20:20, they are held responsible for the dishonor, “they will die childless”]

32. Having sex with your daughter-in-law (18:15) [In 20:12, both are to be put to death.]

33. Having sex with your sister-in-law (18:16) [In 20:21, if you marry her, “they will be childless.”]

34. Having sex with a woman and also having sex with her daughter or granddaughter (bad news for Alan Clark) (18:17) [No specific penalty given, but per 20:14 if you marry both of them, all three of you are to be “burned in fire.”]

35. Marrying your wife’s sister while your wife still lives (18:18)

36. Having sex with a woman during her period (18:19) [15:24 simply says the man will be considered unclean for 7 days. In 20:18, “Both of them are to be cut off from their people”]

37. Having sex with your neighbour’s wife (18:20) [In 20:10, both are to be put to death.]

38. Giving your children to be sacrificed to Molek (18:21) [In 20:2, the person is to be stoned to death.]

39. Having sex with a man “as one does with a woman” (18:22) [In 20:13, both are to be put to death.]

40. Having sex with an animal (18:23) [In 20:15, both are to be killed.]

41. Making idols or “metal gods” (19:4) [No penalty given.]

42. Reaping to the very edges of a field (19:9) [To be left for the poor. No penalty given.]

43. Picking up grapes that have fallen in your vineyard (19:10) [To be left for the poor. No penalty given.]

44. Stealing (19:11) [No penalty given.]

45. Lying (19:11) [No penalty given.]

46. Swearing falsely on God’s name (19:12) [No penalty given.]

47. Defrauding your neighbour (19:13) [No penalty given.]

48. Holding back the wages of an employee overnight (not well observed these days) (19:13) [No penalty given.]

49. Cursing the deaf or abusing the blind (19:14) [No penalty given.]

50. Perverting justice, showing partiality to either the poor or the rich (19:15) [No penalty given.]

51. Spreading slander (19:16) [No penalty given.]

52. Doing anything to endanger a neighbour’s life (19:16) [No penalty given.]

53. Seeking revenge or bearing a grudge (19:18) [No penalty given.]

54. Mixing fabrics in clothing (19:19) [No penalty given.]

55. Cross-breeding animals (19:19) [No penalty given.]

56. Planting different seeds in the same field (19:19) [No penalty given.]

57. Sleeping with another man’s slave (19:20) [“Due punishment,” but not death, just a ram for sacrifice.]

58. Eating fruit from a tree within four years of planting it (19:23) [No penalty given. May only apply to fruit trees planted in Israel.]

59. Practising divination or seeking omens (tut, tut astrology) (19:26) [No penalty, but in 20:6 they will be “cut off from their people” by God. In 20:27, they are to be stoned to death.]

60. Trimming your beard (19:27) [No penalty given.]

61. Cutting your hair at the sides (19:27) [No penalty given.]

62. Getting tattoos (19:28) [No penalty given.]

63. Making your daughter prostitute herself (19:29) [“The land will turn to prostitution.” No other penalty given.]

64. Turning to mediums or spiritualists (19:31) [No penalty given.]

65. Not standing in the presence of the elderly (19:32) [No penalty given.]

66. Mistreating foreigners – “the foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born” (19:33-34) [No penalty given.]

67. Using dishonest weights and scales (19:35-36) [No penalty given.]

68. Cursing your father or mother (punishable by death) (20:9) [Death, as noted.]

69. Marrying a prostitute, divorcee or widow if you are a priest (21:7,13) [No penalty given.]

70. Entering a place where there’s a dead body as a priest (21:11) [I.e., if you’re a priest. No penalty given.]

71. Slaughtering a cow/sheep and its young on the same day (22:28) [May apply only to sacrificial animals. No penalty given.]

72. Working on the Sabbath (23:3) [No penalty given.]

73. Blasphemy (punishable by stoning to death) (24:14) [Death.]

74. Inflicting an injury; killing someone else’s animal; killing a person must be punished in kind (24:17-22) [Killing someone means death. Injuring someone mean punishment in kind. Killing or injuring another’s animal means punishment in kind.]

75. Selling land permanently (25:23) [No penalty given.]

2. John D. Partin says:

Apostle Dr. C.N. Turrell, I will tell you, as I have told many other people here, the Bible was written by human beings and so has many human ideas, prejudices, misconceptions, stupidities, and LIES!!!!! in it, and their putting their words into “God’s mouth”, in order to “sanctify” and “justify” them and impose them on other people and control them!!!! The bigoted verses against homosexuality in the Bible are evidence of that. The proof of their putting their bigotry into “God’s mouth” is that the bigotry against homosexuality is there in the Bible. If I come into a room and see a murdered person’s body shot in the back, I know for a fact that a murderer put it there because it didn’t get there by itself or shoot himself in the back. Likewise, when I see bigotry in the Bible (and bigotry isn’t a matter of interpretation, as Klansmen and Nazis want to claim, to deflect that charge from themselves), then I know for a fact that bigots put it there. Since God isn’t a bigot, the bigotry in the Bible had to have been put there by human bigots. That is just logical and deductive reasoning. So, pointing to homophobic verses in the Bible to “prove that homosexuality is a sin” is like pointing to passages in Mein Kampf to “prove that Jews are ‘inferior’ and ‘vile disgusting vermin’ and ‘should be eliminated'” and is just circular “reasoning”. David and Jonathan, in the Bible, were gay lovers because they loved each other with a “love passing the love of women”. There is no love of one man for another “passing the love of women” other than homosexuality. It is “Christian” dishonesty to read that very plain account of gay love in the Bible and say that “it wasn’t really referring to gay love between David and Jonathan” when in any other book that talked about two men’s “loving each other with a love passing the love of women” even you would admit that it was talking about homosexual love between those two men. When very clear words and accounts in the Bible don’t actually mean what they clearly say just because you don’t want them to mean that and because of your bigotry against homosexuality, in this case, that is, quite obviously, dishonesty on your part. God proved that He didn’t (and doesn’t) have any problem with homosexuality (no matter what hateful words the bigots have put into His mouth against it) because He blessed David and Jonathan’s love for each other and union. Neither did God have a problem with Ruth and Naomi’s love for each other or with Jesus’ and John the disciple’s love for each other (and John’s resting his head on Jesus’ breast at the Last Supper) or with Jesus’ being with the young man who fled away from him naked (Mark 14:51-52). So, Jesus Himself was gay and, therefore, wouldn’t have had (or have today) any problems with anyone else’s being gay!!! The Bible has to be taken in context of the human distortion of God’s actual words in it.