Presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg
“And that’s the thing I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand. That if you got a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me – your quarrel, sir, is with my creator,” Buttigieg told a crowd recently.

At a recent speaking event, Democratic presidential hopeful Pete Buttigieg told the audience about his own struggles as a gay man growing up in the Christian church.

“When I was younger, I would have done anything to not be gay,” said the mayor of South Bend, Indiana during an emotional address at the LGBTQ Victory Fund National Champagne Brunch in Washington. “If you had offered me a pill to make me straight, I would have swallowed it before you had time to give me a sip of water. If me being gay was a choice, it was a choice that was made far, far above my pay grade.”

But eventually, the man known to many as “Mayor Pete” explained, he came to terms with his sexuality and began to embrace it. This, he contends, is not impossible to do as Christian. In fact, Buttigieg says getting married to his husband actually brought him “closer to God.”

Vice President Mike Pence
Mike Pence was launched onto the national stage in 2015 when he signed a bill that effectively legalized discrimination against LGBT people.

Sparring with Pence

The topic then turned to Mike Pence, who formerly served as governor of Mayor Pete’s home state. Pence, who had already publicly called for federal funds to be allocated for gay “conversion therapy,” was launched onto the national stage in 2015 when he signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. The controversial bill effectively legalized discrimination against LGBT individuals.

But according to Buttigieg, Mike Pence’s view – and that of many other religious fundamentalists – refuses to acknowledge one crucial point: God created everyone, including LGBT people.

“And that’s the thing I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand. That if you got a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me – your quarrel, sir, is with my creator,” he said.

VP Fires Back

Mike Pence was asked in a recent interview about Buttigieg’s claim that God created him to be gay. Pence deflected, simply saying “all of us have our own religious convictions. Pete has his convictions, I have mine.”

But when pressed on Mayor Pete’s overarching argument that Christians need to quit being hostile to LGBT groups and accept them for who they are, Pence shot back.

“I hope that Pete will offer more to the American people than attacks on my Christian faith or attacks on the President as he seeks the highest office in the land,” Pence said. “He’d do well to reflect on the importance of respecting the freedom of religion of every American.”

Hiding in Plain Sight

Buttigieg’s admission that he previously wished to be straight – a prayer that was not answered, despite its earnestness – flies in the face of the prevailing view among some Christians that being gay is a choice. When it comes to the belief that homosexuality is some kind of moral failure that needs to be corrected with God and therapy, Pete Buttigieg stands as compelling evidence of its absurdity.

On a personal level, it’s easy to understand why Buttigieg acted the way that he did. The former Naval officer joined the reserves prior to the repeal of “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell,” when it was still possible to get kicked out of the military just for being gay. As a practicing Christian, he never imagined a day where he could be legally married and accepted by his family, the military, and his parish.

And yet, times change. Mayor Pete came out publicly during his 2015 mayoral re-election campaign, receiving resounding support and easily winning re-election.  In doing so, Buttigieg has torn through the conventional wisdom that one cannot be both gay and devoutly Christian, perhaps paving the way for a more moderate and inclusive version of Christianity to become mainstream.

1. Howard Pippin says:

Like The vice president said, you’re entitled to your faith and I have mine.

1. Joc Anderson says:

Love is from God for God is love! Of course it will bring you closer to God when love abounds! There is no other way. No love is sin

1. Rick Williams says:

I don’t cast pearls before swine therefore it would be a complete waste for anyone to enlighten you or for you to even begin to understand who or what God is and certain things God says will cause a person to suffer the second and final death. Homosexuals are a filthy disgusting choice of a lifestyle period and they will not be in the eternity and I love and bless God for that promise.

1. Renee West says:

You are so sad.

1. flugo says:

Sad, yes . . . . but TRUE!

2. Kathy says:

I don’t think you truly understand the meaning of Love either.

3. Alex Russell says:

Why is it sad

2. Nick says:

Such an unchristian comment and Lack of knowledge to scripture

1. Alex Russell says:

Hows that scripture go then

3. Renee Sue says:

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

There is only one being allowed to judge anyone, and YOU sir are not that being.

Quit playing God.

1. flugo says:

‘re neesue’: I can”t believe your ignorance!

Jesus encouraged us to judge: John 17:24, and to rebuke: Luke 17:3.

The Bible (Old and New Testaments) has much advice for us to: beware, avoid, depart from, come ye apart, This all has implications of discernment, evaluation and judging of behavior and attitudes.

2. Alex Russell says:

To bad theres not a book that tells you how he judges like dont do this dont do that

4. Leslie Gray says:

Being homosexual is no more of a choice than having green eyes or had ing brown skin is a choice. The same goes for being transgender.

There’s NO valid condemnation in scripture for being gay or trans either.

5. Just another follower of Christ says:

I don’t know why people don’t mind their business and stop saying hateful things about others people. So what someone is gay? Why would you care? Some homosexuals just go over the top and express themselves and some are shy and insecure about. But you know what? I don’t care. And you can’t talk for God. He blessed us with souls with the 4 people powers. Think, choose, love, and relate. People thought about the possibility of loving the same gender. They choose them over the opposite gender. They love them with all their heart, just like Jesus loved everyone (not just His own “manly” gender). And other people can relate to how they feel. I’m not here to judge you for your horrible opinion. I’m not gay either, so I don’t have a biased opinion. But I think if you are thanking God for other people who have done nothing wrong to suffer, that’s a conversation you need have with the man upstairs. Sometimes you just need mind your own business.

6. SEAN THOMAS says:

wow, the Jesus I know would never condemn any one to hell . As a matter of fact as he died he promised a thief heaven…and didn’t even ask him what his sexual orientation was. You say ” …it would be a complete waste for anyone to enlighten you or for you to begin to understand who or what God is……..” And yet that is exactly what you are doing with this post. Kind of hypocritical wouldn’t you say !

1. Alex Russell says:

So the killers perverts gays just every ones going to heaven free passes

2. Renee West says:

3. directortice says:

Jesus WOULD indeed condemn someone to hell. He wouldn’t want to… but He would…. All He asks is that we Believe Him. If someone is too stupid, or stubborn to Believe Him because they don’t like who He associates with…. well then they are bound to hell…. but there’s still a chance for them… they might turn toward Him before their last breath…. so we’re supposed spread the word… so it might sink in….

BUT …. it’s not up to us to judge who hears the Good News….

4. flugo says:

‘seth’: Yep, Jesus would never condemn anyone to hell. BUT, you send yourself to hell by not accepting Jesus’ sacrificial work on the cross.

5. Renee West says:

So flugo, what business is it of yours if Seth is condemning himself to hell? Stop proselytizing your own beliefs on other people

2. Jerry Brooks says:

Read the bible dont be ignorant You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. 23 iAnd you shall not lie with any animal and so make yourself unclean with it, neither shall any woman give herself to an animal to lie with it: it is jperversion.

1. Leslie Gray says:

The term “male” was used to differentiate between an adult and a child, not another man.

1. flugo says:

‘less grey’: The Bible verse to which your are referring, please.

2. Keith Manglos says:

Yes know your bible! 😠

3. Judith Keairns says:

Joc you are absolutely correct. God’s love is greater than “Christian” principles. If one were to study the Bible and translation he/she would find that God has no problem with same sex couples in fact in the book of Isaiah He says that He will lift them up higher than those who are not.

1. flugo says:

‘jake’: The Isaiah reference, please.

2. Alex Russell says:

Your a fool now most of you are just taken the words and twisting its simply a sin

1. Just another follower of Christ says:

May the one without sin through the first stone.

3. Alex Russell says:

I would like to see that scrpture i dont recall that at all

4. Alex Russell says:

Can you tell me exactly how isaiah says rhat and where please

5. Jerry Brooks says:

So lets see that proof

6. flugo says:

‘jake’: We’re still waiting. Cat got your tongue . . . . and brain?

4. flugo says:

Yep, ‘no lov is sin’. BUT, lust is sin!

1. Alex Russell says:

More specific so i can look it up if you dont mind

2. Renee West says:

You sound like someone who would like sharia law

5. Michael Barnett says:

Homosexuality is clearly condemned in the Bible. It undermines God’s created order where He made Adam and Eve, a man and a woman, to carry out his command.
        Homosexuality is from the dark Liberal demonic underworld, a wicked evil spirit design and determined to drag men souls to hell.
        (Leviticus 18:22), “You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

1. Renee West says:

Sounds like sharia law is what you’d like and we will NEVER have sharia law in this country

2. Alex Russell says:

Thats true but changeing the word of got is wrong let them live there life just keep it to yourself

3. Shawna Burke says:

I certainly see a lot of judgement in these comments. Why must we choose which sins are more heinous than others? Why are Christians not standing outside of Hotels and Motels with signs damning those who are adulterers, or outside of the Walmart condemning those who steal? Or outside the White House damning the lies? It is not our authority to judge and damn. We are all sinners, and I am thankful for my imperfection, for it ever brings me closer to My God, who is a loving God.

1. Alex Russell says:

Relax a sin is a sin can be stealing or any other in gods eyes he just sees sin one isnt worse

2. Dr asha sharma says:

Why are we so concern about others life style? The one almighty made us all and as human beings we have personal choices less us stay out of the bedrooms of our fellow humans and be more concern with the other problems facing us in American

1. Chris says:

Exactly. For a party who claims to be in favor of smaller government they sure are worried about who’s doing what to whom in the privacy of their own homes. There are far more urgent issues that need to be addressed. Frankly, I don’t care who sleeps with who so long as they’re not out shooting up malls and schools for example.

With a name like s harma I bet you’re faced with a lot of problems in America. I’ve never had a problem with America. Maybe that’s because I’m from here, and a member of the majority, instead of an outsider looking in. Maybe you’d have fewer problems if you were living in India. However, never forget that wherever you go, there you are.

1. Dana says:

Your comment was offensive and I hope in my heart this is not the way you really believe.

1. Jerry Brooks says:

Open ur mind you think thats offensive please lol

2. Diana Lee McAnsh says:

Offensive is not a strong enough word for this post, but I understand your restraint in not stooping to name calling level. The veiled suggestion of ‘othering’ of Dr asha sharma. America is obsessed with sex, and not whether a person is fit for office. Are they qualified by looking at their past actions?Are they concerned with making the people’s lives better? If so much attention had not been given to the present President’s private life perhaps his public life would have been enough for people to make a decent decision on whether he was suitable or not.

3. Joy says:

Seriously?? Dude … Stop being a part of the problem. You are definitely NOT part of the solution.
        Why IS it that people who claim to be so American also claim that not being born American means you are not welcome??
        You pick and choose what works for you? Hardly American. And so not Christian, either.

3. Jerry Brooks says:

Those are problems wake up its wrong men women women men read the book dont chenge it to fit your mistakes use ur brain

4. Jerry Brooks says:

They must of been giveing out diplomas that doctor this is not your we love the world news gay is a sine i pray for them i dont treat them any different but just because you dont stand up for whats fact your scared someone might not like you your follower i pray for you

3. Rev. Rene says:

Both this President and his Vice-President have, in my humble opinion, lost any semblance of legitimacy to continue with leading the government of the USA! The straight vs gay, the right of a woman to her own body, (In Texas they wish to convict and then kill the mothers who have a D&C, early termination, so the baby is dead and then these right to lifers kill a person???), and then rip children from their mothers at the border, lie to people, blackmail mothers to save their children, and then “consider to send refugees to Sanctuary Cities to thwart the Democrats??? What monsters are these people?

You’re right. I too know a lot of monstrous democrats. I just don’t like Trump. That won’t make me a turncoat, but I do sometimes vote for a democrat anyway. I vote for who I think will do a good job, regardless of his beliefs. I wish only good Republicans always ran for office, but too often that’s not the case. A lot of them seem to have twisted the meaning of Republican beliefs into meaning something else, like they do with those worthless christian Bibles. So, it looks to me now like the only good man who’s running for president happens to be gay, and doesn’t share most of my beliefs. My hat’s off to him nevertheless, and he’s got my vote. I might sway a few other Republicans to vote for him too.

1. Rebecca L Tice says:

Color me a Theocrat….

2. Alex Russell says:

Thst makes no sence hypocritical in my opinion

3. Renee West says:

That’s great. This man is such a wonderful human being in so many different ways. Impressed by him and how he handles himself.

You should meet some of the monsters who are aborting their babies.

1. Anita Rogers says:

As one of those monsters I tell you this would not have happened if my parents would have not threatened me that I would lose my home. All I could could do is see myself on the street pregnant with nowhere to go trying to raise a child. I didn’t know about shelters or help out there. My child would be bi-racial which would habe added to my situation. I was in the middle of 2 groups of people who didn’t want to face each other. Neither my love or my parents. To know I would not be loved by my parents and they would hate me was too much to bare.

Before you call us monsters know many of us were just in self survival mode.

1. directortice says:

So you’re ok…. but no one else better sin. You Jesus only allows for you excuses and causes….

Jesus said ““Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
          a daughter against her mother,
          a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

What your parents did was wrong…. but what you did…. well it stopped a life. What’s worse…. you still feel you have to defend it… after all these years…. so you might be like me…. hauling that heavy load around… cause Jesus doesn’t need to see that…. Jesus wants you to tell Him about it… and ask Him for forgiveness…. maybe you’ve already taken it to Jesus…. and He forgave you… but you can’t forgive yourself… I know that kind of sin…

Get up… dust yourself off…. OF COURSE YOU ARE A MONSTER… YOU ARE HUMAN…. that’s ok tho… God knew how you were going to turn out long before you were conceived…. so He’s probably already forgiven you.

And he can forgive a gay mayor… and take him into the fold just as easily…. the difference is… the gay mayor knows it and accepts it… you’re still blaming murder on your parents.

1. Nolan says:

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Romans 12:18

2. Alex Russell says:

So nolan god talks to you saying he forgives everyhing lets just sin then say sorry after you must be catholic

3. Leslie Gray says:

There’s nothing to forgive. Being gay is a condition of birth, not a choice. Show me where being born anything is a sin.

2. Jerry Brooks says:

Then practice safe sex

3. Marisa Nova says:

You are not a monster. You are a human, with human failings, who made a decision based on what YOUR situation was at the time. Don’t listen to the posters here – they judge you by their standards. God forgives all. Hopefully you are out of your family’s clutches now, an independent woman who can no longer feel shamed by them. You need to be around people who love you, accept you, and help should you need it. God bless you.

4. Leslie Gray says:

You’re not a monster. These so called “right to life” screechers refuse to help either a woman in crisis before a birth or after. All they want is to deny you sovereignty over your own body.

2. Diana Lee McAnsh says:

There are no monsters, only people who are just human. Birth control should be the responsibility of men and women. So far it’s all on women with men in background making decisions for her. Sex is natural and normal, not being control of your body should not be seen as normal.

3. Leslie Gray says:

Who granted you the power to judge anyone?

1. flugo says:

‘less-grey’: Jesus granted us the power to judge. John 7:24; Luke 17:3. among others. Discernment, rebuking, evaluating involve judgment. Don’t you read your Bible?

3. Val Jester says:

SMH. Do you think you can pack any more off topic ATDS liberal mantras into one paragraph?

4. Freddy Guerra says:

First off Rev you should be ashamed of yourself you as a Christian knows that the Bible that you preach from says if you sleep with another man all a woman sleeps with another woman that this is a sin you reverie as a preacher as a Christian allows these things to happen including abortion is a sin the Bible states to protect the unborn child in the womb think about it there is no how no way what they are doing today gay marriage is a sin abortion is a sin and USA rev a man of the cloth is committing a sin by allowing and saying this is okay God said it’s not okay

1. Ken Dixon says:

Punctuation is your friend.

1. Alex Russell says:

Thats a you got from that ken thats sad

1. Ken Dixon says:

You’re easily saddened.

Trying to decipher what you just said Alex I can see that English and grammar are not your friend.

2. Susan says:

Amen to that brother.

1. Jerry Brooks says:

Thats what its about you two read it or dont

2. Alex Russell says:

Then keep scrolling down and keep my name of your comment

3. Jerry Brooks says:

Amen to that Alex

2. Alex Russell says:

Freddy i couldn’t agree more those are facts some people just think they can twist it to make what they are doing justified

3. Leslie Gray says:

Homosexuality is not in scripture.

1. flugo says:

‘less grey’; Your lack of scholarship, honesty, and intellect are as obvious as dog balls!

Look at Leviticus 18;1 Corinthians 6:9,10; Galatians 5:19-21; Romans 1:26-28 Deuteronomy 22:5. There are numerous other references.

Basically, homosexuality is defying God’s original ‘man and woman’ marriage concept as shown early in the book of Genesis. Jesus underscored this in Matthew 19:4,5.

Scholars and experts a lot smarter than you and I concur that these references point to homosexuality.

4. Alex Russell says:

Freddy i agree 100%

5. Jerry Brooks says:

So your pro gay why are you on this site

Jerry, you are sooo funny. Your statement is a joke…right?

1. Alex Russell says:

You have a problem speak up lion sarcasm is a kids game

Wow! Alex. I take it then, that you think Jerry was serious…right?

Lighten up! Don’t take life so seriously.

6. Alex Russell says:

Thats a hole different site in my opinion you shouldbe saying that

1. Jerry Brooks says:

Dont listen to the lion he knows what ur saying i write fast so i miss spell

4. flugo says:

WHAT?! Be gay and devoutly Christian?! Impossible! That’s antithetical!
    ‘Christian’ mean: like Christ; follower of Christ. Christ NEVER condoned homosexuality! In Matthew 19:4,5 Christ underscores the ‘man & wife’ concept; and refers to God’s original design listed early in the book of Genesis.
    A homosexual lifestyle is sin, perverse and abnormal.
    Times may change, but God’s law is eternal, unchanging, and righteous.

1. directortice says:

I’m sorry…. I’ve been reading the Bible for years and years….. I have a real hard problem with people who pick and choose which laws from Deuteronomy and Leviticus that they will honor.

Back then…. if a woman became a widow…. her brother-in-law had to sleep with her and get her pregnant so his brother’s name would continue….. should we go by that?

How about the one about adultery…. when a man and a woman enter an adulterous relationship today… should we drag them out in the street and stone them to death? No one would tolerate that today.

Yes… it is called abominable…. in the beginning… before sin… the idea was to populate the earth…. homosexuality would hinder that….

It could also be called abominable because “good Christians” misinterpret the scriptures… specifically John 3:16 causing the loss of so many souls.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

It doesn’t say only the circumcised, or those who will promise to never eat pork, or only those who read the KJV, or only the ones that the priests say are ok, or only the ones who haven’t had a beer or a glass of wine, or only the ones who live in this spot and earn this amount and drive this kind of chariot.

It says WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH….. Jesus loves everyone….

When Jesus was asked “which law”…. He said there are only two….. Some would say that since those who are gay are “abnormal” God doesn’t want them….. now I ask you…. who are you to decide what is normal…. when Jesus Himself said “whoever believes”. Jesus sat down to dinner with a despised deceitful tax collector because the tax collector “Believed”.

There’s no first you get right and then ….. Jesus accepted everyone who believes…. even if they don’t fit your vision of the perfect human.

Jesus even died for the ignorant.

1. Alex Russell says:

Read more god lives everone thst dosent mean the sin is ok wake up .You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. 23 iAnd you shall not lie with any animal and so make yourself unclean with it, neither shall any woman give herself to an animal to lie with it: it is jperversion.

2. directortice says:

What! Being a big mouthed bigot is a sin too…..

Look… I was ignorant like you once too. They call that having just enough Bible to get you in trouble.

Jesus didn’t get along with rich people…. and now the rich people run the churches….

Let’s go to Revelation…. only one in seven churches made the cut… and that one only made it by the skin of their belief.

I know a “good Christian”, a proud mother of a pastor… who sponsors Bible Studies in her home…. but she’s a baby killer…. she had an abortion because the “timing” was all wrong. She should got to heaven… because she’s “normal”?

What about the guy who discovered “stem cell”? He delivered a baby just until the neck was available…. plunged a knife into it’s spine… killing it…. so he could harvest some “stem cells”. How does that guy get to the “good Christian” list?

Yet…. every day…. those horrible homosexuals are “not allowed” to hear the gospel because people like you have judged them as unworthy…. more unworthy than a “good Christian” who would murder an innocent baby….. for “timing” or to “harvest” the parts.

Wake up…. Jesus allowed Himself to be hung on that cross of EVERYONE who BELIEVES… Thank God…. if it was left up to some “good Christians” none of us would be good enough to see Heaven.

Sorry… to be so blunt… Jesus still loves you…

3. Alex Russell says:

I agree with you well said You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. 23 iAnd you shall not lie with any animal and so make yourself unclean with it, neither shall any woman give herself to an animal to lie with it: it is jperversion.

1. Dr David Griffith says:

I am tired of reading the same verses over and over, it is as if those are the only verses you can find. Thank goodness that others do not stoop to pulling verses to defend their point, but use reason. Worse, you call yourself a loving Christian, but hate others. A Christian is someone who believes in Christ and should be following the New Testament, not the old to defend their point of view.

Grow up and release your hate because Christ taught love. It seems for many Christians hate has become their religion.

Why abortion is part of this discussion is ridiculous, this is about whether Christians should accept LGBT people for who they are, not what they are.

1. Jay Moynahan says:

Clear and very well said. Thanks.

4. Alex Russell says:

Well said those are are in the book thank you for not letting the world change your what you believe in

5. Leslie Gray says:

Sin denotes a willful choice to commit an act that is known to be wrong. How can a condition of birth be a sin?

1. flugo says:

‘less grey’: We ALL inherited Adam’s sin nature. All sin, as well as the LGBTQxyz-ers lifestyle, is a condition of birth. BUT, God provided an escape. through Jesus’ sacrificial death on the cross.

flugo, it’s all myth and fantasy, unless you can prove otherwise.

🦁❤️

What part is fantasy

Gosh, where would you like me to start? Adam & Eve? The flood? A virgin birth? A talking ass? A talking snake? A woman being turned to salt? Water being turned to wine? A man walking on water? A man being swallowed by a fish and living in its stomach? A man parting the sea with his staff? A god?

These are just a few. There are many more on this blog who could add lots more, but thank you for asking, Alex.

🦁❤️

3. directortice says:

If we’re right…. we get to live in Heaven….. If you’re right… we’re cosmic dust…. I prefer Heaven…. so I’ll keep believing….

There’s still time… All you have to do is Believe that a man [more God than human, we admit] allowed Himself to be hung, naked, on a cross… even though He was totally innocent…. so you wouldn’t have to….

I know it’s a lot to ask… but hey…. being nice to someone actually makes me feel better…. Believe… that’s all He asks… He’ll supply the rest….

Yes directortice you are quite right. We either become cosmic dust or there really is a heaven and hell. I’m sure it’s nice to hedge your bets and go with the Heaven option. There are many on this blog who it seems have made the same choice as yourself, though by their rhetoric and rude remarks I think they’ll be joining me in Hell 🔥 😜 🔥

Thank you for you pleasant remarks. You are one of the very few Christian’s that seem fun, and educated, to chat with on here. I wish more were like you.

🦁❤️

I’m sure there are some that say Gay marriage took them away from God and brought them to their senses. We can but hope! 😜

6. Reverend Krystina S. says:

I agree with dr asha sharma and Rev. Rene. Jesus said that the only Commandment was TO LOVE. And it seems that Pete loves God and others well. That is all. Jesus told us not to judge others, and we learn in the Bible that we are ALL CREATED IN GOD’S IMAGE. God does NOT have a gender, sooooo I don’t see that as a function of “God-ness.” It was said that people of other races did not love, that they were “less than.” Welllll, have we proven that wrong yet??? Look at the poor Refugees on our southern border. THEY ARE ALSO MADE IN GOD’S IMAGE. They demonstrate LOVE more than the GOP leadership ever will. Love is patient and kind. Love is not envious….. If we have not charity, WE ARE NOTHING. Jesus, REDUCE Us TO LOVE. That is the message and the life of Jesus. We are ORDERED to Love Others. No Matter What. Of other races, handicapped, LGBTQ, of other countries, of other religions. Jesus changed the Old Testament. Even those who wrote the New Testament agree that Jesus was beyond comprehension, God’s Love is beyond their comprehension or their own personal issues/biases. How would we wish to be treated? With compassion and acceptance and understanding.

1. flugo says:

‘”‘rev’ crass tina” ‘Reverend’?! Whew! And NOT even knowing what Jesus said! I hope you don’t teach Bible to other unsuspecting viewers. .

You’re in gross error when you suggest we are not to judge. In Luke 17:3 Jesus told us to rebuke the errant. Rebuking involves discernment and judgement. And in John 7:24 He taught us how to judge . . . . . ‘rightly’. So, your ”not to judge others’ is crap.

And ‘reverend’, Jesus NEVER said the ONLY. commandment was love! He listed two main commandments that encapsulated the rest of the commandments. But He NEVER said what you so badly misquoted!

Are you suggesting Jesus’ countless statements like: Be ye kind one to another; Repent; Turn the other cheek; Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s, etc. are just nice little suggestions? Or, are they ‘commandments’?

It’s disheartening to find ‘reverends’ who misquote, distort, manipulate the Scriptures.

1. directortice says:

Yes it is a shame when someone misquotes or misinterprets or takes a scripture out of context.

Luke 17 is not talking about EVERYONE as John 3:16 is. Luke 17 is talking about “brothers and sisters”…. IN CHRIST…. Luke 17 calls for us to be vigilant about the errant ways of those who are already saved…. pointing out their mistakes just like a mother teaches her child to walk.

Please understand… I mean no disrespect… but Jesus said that ANYONE who BELIEVES in Him will not parish. He wants EVERYONE to have a chance to decide for themselves.

If you withhold the gospel, or distort it by taking things out of context or misinterpreting them purposely…. from a person you “judge” to be abnormal…. then you are pulling that millstone around your own neck.

You can “judge” a brother or sister in Christ because you are on equal footing…. you are supposed to offer a hand to anyone who needs it… and EVERYONE EVERYWHERE needs to hear the gospel.

Even if you think the mole on their nose makes them a witch.

2. Alex Russell says:

It dosent mean you dont love everone the fact is you can twist all you want but doesn’t make them facts sin is sin what part is so hard to get looks to me your just feeding into whats being on with yhe world you sound like a follower

1. directortice says:

It does …. that’s DOES… It DOES mean that you love everyone.

It DOES mean that we are to tell everyone…. EVERYONE about Jesus. It’s not up to us to point out the beer in a person’s hand before telling him about Jesus. It’s not up to us to point out the lie on someone’s lips before telling him about Jesus. It does not matter what the pamphlet says about gay rights… before telling him about Jesus. It doesn’t matter if their clothes are clean… or they are circumcised….or they eat pork… or they are not the same skin tone…. EVERYONE needs to hear…..

Then the ball is out of your court….

I just read in Psalm 46 “Be still, and know that I am God”.

It’s not up to us to decide who hears the Good News. It’s not up to us to decide who should see the light of Christ in our Lives. It’s our mission… and if you withhold Christ from someone…. you are going to fail your mission.

It’s not for me to Judge…. I didn’t create the universe…. I’m not twisting anything…. EVERYONE should hear….

One sin is no bigger than another…. ANY sin causes a person to be separated from God… it’s up to God to deal with it….. God created splinters and logs… and He does not have splinters or logs in His eyes…. like we do.

God sent His Son so that WHOEVER BELIEVES will have eternal life. Jesus, His Son, healed the sick, fed the poor, taught love, and brought the dead back to life. The leaders of the church despised Jesus…. they refused to BELIEVE that Jesus was the Son of God. They arrested Him, they held a mock trial with fake witnesses, they beat Him, they paraded Him through the busy city street…. beaten, bloody, and half naked…. they took Him out of the city… nailed Him to a Cross… naked…. while the guards gambled for this clothes… He hung there… forgave us… and then died…. they put Him in a borrowed tomb… they planned to come back as soon as possible to embalm Him…. but when they came back… after three days…. the tomb was open and Jesus was gone…. He had Risen…. He got up and walked out of that tomb.

He met with His disciples a couple of times after that… he spoke with followers… He walked beside people without them realizing it was Him.

Then He rose… in plain site…. He went up to…. He conquered death….

He wants you to have eternal life. His dad is building a place for you in Heaven…. all you have to do is BELIEVE…. listen to that little voice saying…. she might be right….

7. Dan Anderson says:

Given most have absolutely no idea what the Bible says as they have not even read it, let alone studied it to learn its historicity and culture, it does not really surprise me to see such nonsense about “homosexuality being an abomination.” The ONLY place where I have actually seen it even mentioned, and not just open to vague assumption, would be newer versions of the Bible in 1:Cor 6:9-10. If you even look at the KJV1611, you would see it does not even mention it. It is only a fairly recent addition to newer Bibles, which, if one recalls, Jesus said something about that – something about “adding to or taking away from the Word of God, not one jot, not one tittle”.

1. Rick Williams says:

you are the pot calling the kettle black for you too are clueless on the ancient manuscripts and the translations that were used to write the KJV in 1611. Bad news for the gays…you are not going to make it according to God, you will experience the second and final death. Your kind rely on the new and improved and very different Jesus in your main stream religion / churches / denominations and ignorance does not justify filthy abominations period.

2. Alex Russell says:

Dan Check againYou shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. 23 iAnd you shall not lie with any animal and so make yourself unclean with it, neither shall any woman give herself to an animal to lie with it: it is jperversion.

3. Alex Russell says:

If you read as mu h as you run your mouth about knowing so much you would have read that part

I’m sure most of them got away from that evil and terribly distorted christian misconception of our creator, and came to their senses, long before they thought about Gay marriage.

9. Tom B says:

He is absolutely right…people attack gays out of fear, and use “God” as a justification…the reality is that we were all created by, and equal under, God…which, again, is why evolution and creation are the same…Peace…Tom B

1. flugo says:

‘tomb’: Show me the evidence that we were all created ‘equal’ under God!

1. Tom B says:

flugo…Respectfully…why does there have to be evidence?…don’t you have any intuition or faith?…i do not have to prove anything…and as a Member of the ULC, are you taking the position that we are not all equal under God?…Peace…Tom B

1. flugo says:

‘tomb’ If your belief system foundation is based on intuition, faith, ULC’s stance, etc. you’re on shaky ground. God’s Word is the only true, reliable source for a life worthwhile.

1. Tom B says:

flugo…Respectfully…i am not the one on “shaky ground”…of that i am certain…i pray for you to open your awareness…Peace…Tom B

2. Jerry Brooks says:

What lol

10. Rev. Don says:

If you have to ask God to forgive you for something that you think it’s right. then it’s totally wrong. and for he knoweth to do good and do it not, to him it’s a sin. there you go.

Rev. Don

1. directortice says:

So…. When a man pulls out…. then he should be put to death…. that’s Biblical… God did it.

So… The only people in the world that God loves are the circumcised…. that’s Biblical…. God made all the men be circumcised…. [like He couldn’t have circumcised you before you got in the womb if He wanted to]…. still they argued about that just as passionately in the early church.

John 3:16….. says Whosoever Believeth….. not whoever does want the Rev. Don says is holy.

Should the adulterers, drunks, liars, thieves, and rapist get to heaven but a man who was raped by a priest when he was young, now stays away from the priests and sells his body on the streets because; even tho he believes in Jesus, the priest said he would never see heaven….should not?

Who are you to judge….. we aren’t supposed to withhold the Good News from anyone…. We’re supposed to spread the Good News all over the earth…. we’re supposed to sew the seeds everywhere…. and God will make sure the right ones grow. God can grow a cactus out of an tiny crack in a rock…

Who are you to judge….

Shame on you all… stop being ignorant… read the book… study it… it’ll tell you… Jesus didn’t judge…. that’s good enough for me!

1. Alex Russell says:

You need to read abook its not judgeing people are saying its a sin You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. 23 iAnd you shall not lie with any animal and so make yourself unclean with it, neither shall any woman give herself to an animal to lie with it: it is jperversion. it says so in the bible

2. flugo says:

‘dire tortoise’: ‘Jesus didn’t judge’ That’a good one! Out of where did you pull that one?

Matthew 7:6, 15-15; 23:23 shows Jesus making judgments and labeling the offenders publicly!?

So, Jesus didn’t judge? What other ‘nuggets of truth’ have you?

1. directortice says:

Back in the day… while Jesus was teaching….. if I said so in so did such and such…. and I got someone else to agree with me…. so in so would be found guilty and consequences would be swift.

Their court system was built on two witnesses. Whenever two witnesses were available to testify against someone…. then they were guilty.

Just to make the point clear… the reason there is 1st & 2nd Kings and Chronicles…. the reason the law is stated both in Deuteronomy and in Leviticus …. is to show two witnesses.

There were so many laws back then that a person couldn’t wipe their nose without fearing doing so in an improper direction my cause them to get their nose cut off.

Jesus was not one to Judge… He taught people… He taught them to value God and value themselves.

Jesus sat down with the sinner… while the government rode on the sinners back… weighing him down more… so he would falter….. Jesus on the other hand lifted that sinner up… and pulled him to his feet.. and made him steady.

Spend a little more time in the Word instead of watching Olsteen teach selfishness… and you might find that Jesus wasn’t here to make us happy… He was here to conquer death.

I plan to live forever…. and I plan to tell others how to live forever as well… Heaven is a big place… there’s plenty of room.

1. flugo says:

‘dire tortoise’: ‘Jesus was not one to judge’?! What about the verses from Matthew I showed you? You have ‘crawfished’ and wriggled around them. Where’s your intellectual honesty? Your previous response was a bunch of irrelevant mumbo jumbo.

Did Jesus judge? Yes? No? Do we believe the Bible, or you?

2. directortice says:

Like I said…. Jesus is the Son of God…. He is perfectly capable and yep… responsible for judging all of the humans.

We don’t have any right to judge our fellow humans…. they are human just like us…. they have the same logs in their eyes as we do…. not one of us is perfect so not one of us can throw the first stone.

Jesus will decide who will be our brothers and sisters. They will be fellow believers…. and yes… when we see our FELLOW BELIEVERS doing something that might cost someone their Salvation…. we are supposed to point it out.

We are not to judge someone who is NOT a Believer…. that responsibility belongs to the Father and the Son.

We are only supposed to tell people about Jesus and His offer of Salvation. Jesus said…. many will be called and few will answer…. so those who don’t care won’t respond… there’s no need for cherrypicking who gets the message…. Jesus was there when we were created [John 1:1] so He [as the Son of God] knows how the story ends…. and He knows who is going to respond…. that’s not for us to say.

We agree that Jesus is the Judge.
            We agree that we are to remind our brothers and sisters IN CHRIST when they start off the path.

We only seem to disagree that EVERYONE who BELIEVES will have eternal life.

Or do we?

3. directortice says:

Wow… I must have been asleep when I posted that…. Jesus is the Judge… He’s the Son of God… or course He’s a Judge….

WE AREN’T to judge who should receive the word…. we are not to judge others who are non-believers…. we’re supposed to tell them the good news…. that’s all…

WE ARE supposed to remind our BELIEVING brothers and sisters IN CHRIST when we see them getting off the trail.

Right?

2. Renee says:

Exactly! So that’s (judging) not for us humans to do, that’s for God to do.

1. directortice says:

See… now I thought you meant I [me myself] could judge….

Jesus is God… so of course He could judge… I think our point is….

WE’RE not supposed to judge…..

We’re suppose to tell everyone…. that’s all… just pass the Word… we’re not supposed to cherrypick who to tell it to…. just tell everyone….

Jesus loves you…. He wants you to join Him…. We’re ALL miserable stupid humans… none of us deserve anything other than to turn into worm food….. but then Jesus still loves us and He’s offered us something different…. other than just the grave….

2. flugo says:

‘rainy’: You must be related to ‘dire tortoise’!

Jesus taught us to judge, be discerning and evaluative. John 7:23; Luke 17:3 among many other references.

You ought to do your homework before ‘enlightening’ us about your ‘scholarly’ comments.

11. Rebecca L Tice says:

People attack out of ignorance. If we are going to live by the old Testament standards…. then marriage is going to change. In the same book that our fellow “good Christians” use…. the marriage of a childless widow to a brother so that the name of the dead would not die was law… yet we don’t see our “good Christians” talking that one up…. as a matter of fact…. the poor brother would be the subject of scorn in our society today…. people would say the widow and her brother-in-law must have been having an affair.

On top of that…. banking would have to change if we went back to the Old Testament law. What happened to Jubilee years…. when all debt was forgiven?

Most of us haven’t read the Old Testament. Those of us who have read it [the ones with any sense] are really glad we’re not living under Old Testament law. Adulterers were stoned to death….. people are upset today because this is still going on in one country. Today humans would call the stoning of an adulterer a human rights violation.

Jesus will open a relationship with whomever He pleases. It’s not for us to choose. Remember…. how upset stupid humans got when Jesus had dinner at the tax collector’s home? We aren’t God and we cannot begin to know what is really best for humanity. We don’t throw oxen and lambs on the altar anymore…. Christ gave His life…. and ANYONE who believes in Him will have everlasting life.

That’s just the way it is…. I would suggest we all sit down and read the books of Deuteronomy and Leviticus…. before we start blasting either opposing side…. at least one of them is being a chicken or counting on the ignorant…..

1. Alex Russell says:

You should take some of your own advice inless you and god talk all time then excuse me

12. flugo says:

‘Devoutly Christian AND gay’?! Impossible! It’s antithetical!

Christian mean Christ-like; follower of Christ. NO where dis Christ ever condone homosexuality!

In Matthew 19:4,5, Jesus underscored the concept of husband and wife. He, also, referred to God’s original design of marriage: man and woman.

The homosexual lifestyle is sinful, perverted and abnormal.

BUT, God’s remedy for this malady (and ALL sin) is Jesus and His sacrificial work on the cross.

1. directortice says:

Let me just re-post the answer here….. this is what I think Jesus would think about this thread….. I think the two sins match pretty close… both carry a death penalty in the Old Testament….

John 8:At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

YOU ARE SO RIGHT>>>>>> JESUS TOOK CARE OF THIS ON THE CROSS

Flugo… I paint rocks… I pick up river rocks, wash them, paint them with acrylic paint… on one side I put a picture… on the other I copy a proverb or another verse from the Bible. Then I seal them and give them away.

It’s interesting to me that two “Christians” are discussing picking up rocks to stone a sinner… or laying down a rock and extending a hand up to a fellow stupid ignorant human.

I guess this presidential candidate will get people talking and maybe some souls will be won!

13. Sam says:

He would be a great President and if people use his sexuality to attack him and use the bible to justify the attack they not only are hyprocrits they are uncomfortable with their own sexuality and in their own skin. I hope God will bring all these self haters to their senses so they will stop projecting that self hate onto others. The Trump government is peddling hate and division and its not about Liberal vs Right wing nationalist its about the future for younger generations and it’s about LOVE for self, others and country. VOTE LOVE and to protect the USA from falling into the hands of Russia and other foreign powers. Trump, Barr and the supreme court are poised to dismantal democracy right before your eyes and everyone is still watching it unfold. Gay marrage is a beautiful thing and a human right, May god bless you all with love in your hearts and to resist the hate, homophobic vile sluurs that will only eat at your soul and inmune system.

1. Alex Russell says:

You sound like a news channel trump this russia god has a book out you should read it

2. Renee West says:

Well said!

14. flugo says:

An epitome of an oxymoron: ‘devoutly Christian gay’! Such an idea is absurd and incongruous!

‘Like Christ’ and ‘follower of Christ’ best describe the term ‘Christian’. Yet, Christ NEVER approved homosexuality!

We find in Matthew 19:5,6 that Christ supported the concept of ‘man and wife’. He, also, made reference to God’s original design of marriage as stated in the early chapters of the book Genesis – man and woman.

A homosexual lifestyle is sinful, perverted and abnormal.. . . . definitely NOT Christian!

1. directortice says:

Just as big an epitome of an oxymoron as a self righteous bigot spouting the same tired argument.

It’s not up to you to judge….. Judgement is God’s chore….

Just preach “Jesus on the Cross” …. He’ll do the rest….

Don’t worry… there won’t be anyone in Heaven that doesn’t meet God’s standards…. all you have to worry about is your own self….

Cherrypicking who hears the Word…. I don’t think that’s Biblical…..

In the parable of the seeds…. even the seed on the rock bloomed…. it just didn’t have a good root system…. it depended on God…

15. flugo says:

What is ‘Christian’? It is ‘Christ-like’,’ follower of Christ’. So, then, the expression ‘gay and devoutly Christian’ is impossible in its concept.

Jesus was a ‘man and wife’ supporter. In Matthew 19:4&5, He also referenced God’s original marriage design as listed in the early part of the book of Genesis.

Jesus NEVER espoused the homosexual lifestyle. So, the term ‘gay and devoutly Christian’ is false.

16. Rod Gesner says:

Jesus was a Heretic by the opinions of the leaders of the day; Because he renounced the Vengfull Petty “god” that had been created by Power Hungry in the vacuum; of past ignorance of Scientific Explanations of Causes and medical preventions of Death and Suffering;
    Instead he Taught Tolerance; Promoted Equality and forgiveness.
    So They Killed Him thus Creating a Martyr; whose words They could manipulate…
    In the Next 2,000 years the Power brokers in Churches and Kingdoms have Perverted his teachings to Serve their goals of Dominance thru Fear and Jealousy; Fought Wars of Colonialism; and Justified Slavery and Genocide in his Name..
    In his Time, “Foot Washing” was Slang for Love making (somehow that got by the translators;)
    So Ye who would Stone Those of Different Sexual orientations Might Start with Your “Savior”.. Oh Wait,You’ve Already Killed him;
    Many Times…? First on the Cross; Then By Killing in His Name all These 2 Thousand Years..
    Any of Those that would Judge Mayor Pete? Just Look at the pictures and ignore the words; even as he speaks the words that Pence Call an Attack on freedom of “His religion” He has A Kindly Openness and Caring Look;
    While Pence has The Squint and Tight Smug Smile of an Entitled Self Righteous Prig.
    The Eyes are a Window To the Soul; and the nature of ones Smile Shows Caring; or Other intentions…

17. flugo says:

Pete ButtIgieg is horribly WRONG!

It’s impossible for his gay lifestyle to have brought him ‘closer to God’. And, his speaking of quarrels . . . . . God is going to have a ‘quarrel’ with Pete’s erroneously stating his repugnant behavior enhanced his proximity toward God. Sin CANNOT exist in the presence of the loving, righteous, and forgiving God.

The practicing LGBTQxyz-ers’ lifestyles defy God’s original intentions for His crowning creation to live decent, moral, civil, productive lives.

18. Maurice Slaunwhite says:

We will let God deal with this one

1. flugo says:

And He most certainly will!

Possibly, if god exists! However, if god doesn’t exist Pete Buttigieg will have a lived a very loving life, sharing his love with someone that loves him, and his loving memory will live on with those he shared his life with.

🦁♥️

1. Marisa Nova says:

God exists.

2. Alex Russell says:

Wow you watch alot of lifetime movies everything is sunshine and rainbows lol

3. Alex Russell says:

Your ignorent you just say things to get a rise out of people god is they all mighty creator

Well, Marisa and Alex, I assume you don’t believe in the gods Thor, Odin, Dionysus, Ares, Athena, Apollo, et al so perhaps you can tell me what reasonable logic you used to prove they didn’t exist, and then tell me how you applied that same logic to your god to convince you that yours is real?

19. john says:

Whether God exists or not, Pete is just another person with his feelings and thoughts. Whether he lives a loving life or shares his love with someone who loves him is really not for us to know, nor judge, not be concerned with. Each of us has our hands full with ourself.

1. Renee West says:

Perfect. And what I’ve heard from Pete he is a very good person and I’d be proud as anything to have him represent me and my country.

20. Daniel says:

It’s crazy how 98% of the population does not know the word of God. God does not create people, men and women have children, God was part of one birth, Jesus Christ.

21. Ken Dixon says:

This site had such potential for being a place where people of various beliefs and faiths could express themselves freely – and where we could learn from each other.

I’ve grown weary of checking in and finding the same simplistic comments posted by those who consider the Bible to be the incontrovertible authority on matters of sexual orientation or gender identity. They appear not to understand – or care – that not everyone shares their beliefs. And I cannot and will not abide anyone who assumes a moral high ground and takes the “God will get you” approach, as if he or she knows something I don’t.

Face it, folks. None of us knows. We only believe, one way or another, and that’s the definition of faith.

I don’t countenance using religion as a weapon, and I choose to leave the presence of those who do so.

1. directortice says:

That’s because most people haven’t read it for themselves. Most people rely on what other people tell them it says.

Fifty years ago… the only translation I could get my hands on was a KJV… and I can not understand that version no matter how hard I try…. and I was raised in the Baptist Church. If I had known how to use the sword fifty years ago…..

How many preachers have you heard who could really preach the story of the camel passing through the needle? Still we’re so willing to take the splinter out of someone else’s eye….. we ignorant humans.

2. Alex Russell says:

How are you seeing it as a weapon

Yes, God was part of one birth. It didn’t go down at all well with Mary’s lover, Joseph, but what do you say to a god seeing him with your betrothed? You can’t just bonk him on the nose can you. I mean, look what happened to Lots wife when she made god angry, not to mention how he took his anger out on Pharaoh. Jeeeeez!

🦁❤️

23. T.M. says:

How do you define what Love is?
    LOVE IS LOVE
    Mark 12:29-30 You shall love the Lord with all your heart , with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. This is the first commandment.
    Mark 12:31 You shall love your neighbor as yourself! There is no other commandment greater than these.
    Love has no Color
    Love has no gender
    Love has no Nationality
    Love has no political party or affiliation!
    Jesus did not say hate your neighbor if he is a different race than you – Jesus did not say hate your neighbor if he or she is different from you – Jesus said LOVE your neighbor as yourself!
    That’s the bottom line – JESUS taught/commanded us to love one another! ✝️

Yes we should love the Lord with all of of our heart, with all of our soul, with all of our mind……HANG ON!!! Isn’t the Lord a man, wearing a type of dress, and we are being told to love him? My wife, wouldn’t be very pleased about that. Don’t get me wrong, if he’s gay I’m okay with it. Just don’t ask me to sit on his lap and give him a hug.

🦁❤️

2. Alex Russell says:

Look it up You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. 23 iAnd you shall not lie with any animal and so make yourself unclean with it, neither shall any woman give herself to an animal to lie with it: it is jperversion.

1. directortice says:

Look it up…. there were fake temples and religions all around where people would have orgies as part of the worship. Some religions even fired up a metal idol until it glowed and sacrificed a baby during the worship.

God was telling humans that they shouldn’t do that… it wasn’t necessary…. Yes…. God wants humans to survive and homosexual activity is not procreative. On the other hand, those couples who can produce seem to prefer to throw the “fetus” on the Molechian idol instead of bringing another gift from God into the world.

Consider the people we’re talking about here… A man who believes in God…. that’s a good thing.

Put it in context…. read the five books…. even though they are terribly boring…. it all boils down to the same thing….

If God calls you… it doesn’t matter who you are or what you look like or who you know or what you said or what you did or what you think you were going to do…. if God calls you …. and you Believe…. it’ll all work out…. He guarantees…. and being God… He doesn’t Lie.

24. Rev. Fulton L. Arrington says:

It might be worth remembering here that the United States is (and is meant to be) a SECULAR republic. As a minister I will not bless a gay union because I believe that homosexuality violates the Order of Creation. Having said that, I fully support the rights of those whose beliefs differ from my own.

1. Jedi Master Trent G. says:

And that is exactly why people like me exist. As an ordained minister and as a grey jedi, I will be more than happy to take the mantle that you leave behind for, in my opinion, a ridiculous reason. But hey, everyone has a different view on things! And that should be respected to a certain degree.

1. Jerry Brooks says:

Lol

25. Richard L Garner says:

Am I seeing Christian ministers of the ULC condemn people for who they love, based on what Leviticus and Deuteronomy have written?
    Maybe some of you should re-read the tenets and beliefs of ULC. ULC accepts all, glbt, straight, pagan, etc.

1. Susan says:

Thank you Richard. I am appalled that there are so many judgemental folks here. Jesus threw out Leviticus and Deuteronomy when he established his kingdom. I joined the ULC because of their beliefs and tenets. I am closer to Jesus in my relationship with Him then I ever was when I was hating myself for being what I am. NONE of us would get to the Christian heaven on our own merits. Jesus is the only way we can. I read his teachings.

2. Oldaabill says:

This is not Leviticus or Deuteronomy. So, it doesn’t apply either? ULC is not “Christian”. It is fundamentally secular. (ESV) 1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,

1. directortice says:

You do realize that there were places of worship, even in the days of Jesus, where sex was part of the religious service.

Move on to Revelation, then, and look at what Jesus had to say about the churches…. out of seven churches… only one got a halfway decent review and that was only by the skin of their belief system.

Still… Jesus did sit down with the tax collector…

Let’s not forget that the Book of Revelation was supposedly written on the Isle of Patmos. This is an Island well known for its abundance Fly Agaric mushrooms, or Amanita muscaria. They are very well known for their hallucinogenic properties, but may be better classified as a deliriant. Ever wondered why that book was so hard to understand? Some very strange visions were written about in that book. I’m sure psychoactive substances have a lot to answer for in some of these early writings. I think John must have been quite the hippie in his day, and I don’t mean John Lennon 😜

You can read more about psychedelic visions here: http://entheology.com/peoples/revelation-a-psychdelic-vision/

🦁♥️

1. directortice says:

I’ve often figured John had to be really close to delusional. He was, after all, stuck on an Island. He spent a lot of time alone.

Here’s another take…. John was a friend of Jesus of Nazareth…. who did all kinds of fantastic things….. John saw Jesus walk on water…. feed thousands out of nothing more than a few fish and loaves… healed the sick and brought people back from the tomb….. just to name a few….

At the end of Jesus’ teaching tours… there seemed to always be crowds around John…. and then John was left alone on an island…. totally alone… to process it all… and then figure out…. why did it happen? and where do we go from here?

I’m sure that put a crease or two in John’s brain.

26. Secretary3rd says:

God Will;
    Let us say you drop dead from an heart attack at my feet. I need to pounder the question about your fate since God gave you that heart attack. Do I bring you back to life and make God mad at me. While your family would be over joyed with your return, God on the other hand will not. Your expected to meet God and if I bring you back to life.
    You get the point.
    So mankind fate is made by God or is it in the hands of mortals. The Bible is created by man as was the Torah or the Qur’an or any other religious texts. What ever is in those books was made by man and you know man not the wisest monkey on the planet.

1. directortice says:

I think it’s more a combination….. Humans have free will. God controls Time and Space. Since God knows how everything turns out….. He knows what decision you will make before you ever make it…. and if you should decide that you will change your decision to try to throw off the sequence of life… He knows in advance that you’re going to do that too.

I generally knew when my daughters or my son was about to hit their head… and I could put my hand out to prevent it because I knew in advance… it’s like that… only way way way way bigger!…. 😉

That’s how I figure it.

27. Bob Anderson says:

The majority of these comments once again prove that the hate (and ignorance, if you can go by the many misspellings) of professed ‘christians’ is alive and well. They hoist the bible, wave the flag, and march against anything and anyone that doesn’t or won’t conform to their twisted way of thinking.

1. directortice says:

Because that is what they were taught. They were deprived of the Word of God. They were fed the garbage of humans. Humans think they know it all…. that’s how the sheep get backed up on a cliff with nowhere else to go……

2. Alex Russell says:

What hate its opinions and facts ignorence and spelling who cares they might have slot to say

Why am I thinking you’ve just proved Bob’s point Alex?

🦁❤️

Hows that you expert

28. David Huey says:

4 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

29. directortice says:

Amen!

30. David Atkins says:

God is bigger than the Bible. Or to put it another way, the Bible is not God. Read Acts Chapter 15, and you will see how the apostles dealt with commands in the scriptures (in that case, following Jewish law) which did not square with daily living. They decided the Bible was wrong. Christians have been doing the same thing ever since. We no longer believe slavery is acceptable (Paul was wrong about that), nor the women should be silent in the churches.

It is time to say the Bible is wrong about homosexuality.

Besides, the writers of the Bible (Including Paul) had no conception of same sex marriage.

31. Sharon O'Connor says:

I thought the point of becoming a minister with the Universal Life Church was to offer help to people who may not receive it from traditional christian denominations. If someone is not receptive to LGBTQ people, he or she should stick with the denominations that share your view. ULC should resist being politicized by people who have a negative view of God’s children in any way, shape or form.

1. Tom B says:

Sharon…i agree…as i have said before, to me the ULC stands for the equality of everyone…Peace…Tom