Get Ordained
Become a Minister

Select a state to see it's marriage laws

Nevada Marriage Laws


Specific paperwork is required in order to register and perform weddings in Nevada. To ensure you are legally registered in Nevada with all the appropriate paperwork, please purchase our Nevada Wedding Officiant Package.

Important! Nevada requires a minimum of 30 days to process your wedding officiant application. If your wedding is occurring in less than 30 days, you will be unable to officiate.

For out-of-state ministers. NRS 122 provides that a licensed or ordained minister in good standing with his denomination or church whose congregation is in another state may perform marriages in the county if authorized to do so by the county clerk. A separate authorization is required for each marriage performed. Such a minister may perform not more than five marriages in this state in any calendar year. In some instances a temporary certificate may be obtained for a local minister filling in for another minister during an absence.

NRS 122.062 Licensed or ordained ministers and chaplains of Armed Forces to obtain certificates from county clerk; temporary replacements; solemnization by minister licensed or ordained in another state. 1. Any licensed or ordained minister in good standing within his denomination, whose denomination, governing body and church, or any of them, are incorporated or organized or established in this state, may join together as husband and wife persons who present a marriage license obtained from any county clerk of the State, if the minister first obtains a certificate of permission to perform marriages as provided in this section and NRS 122.064 to 122.073, inclusive. The fact that a minister is retired does not disqualify him from obtaining a certificate of permission to perform marriages if, before his retirement, he had active charge of a congregation within this state for a period of at least 3 years. 2. A temporary replacement for a licensed or ordained minister certified pursuant to this section and NRS 122.064 to 122.073, inclusive, may solemnize marriages pursuant to subsection 1 during such time as he may be authorized to do so by the county clerk in the county in which he is a temporary replacement, for a period not to exceed 90 days. The minister whom he temporarily replaces shall provide him with a written authorization which states the period during which it is effective.

Gay Marriage and Same Sex Wedding Laws: N/A

Nevada Package

To perform a marriage in Nevada you need to be ordained and may be required to provide proof of ordination such as the Nevada ordination credentials, wallet credential, or a letter of good standing from the church.

ULC The Monastery's foreign corporation state filings

Read the full Law on the official site »

Nevada Wedding Laws by County

Carson City Clerk Recorder

885 E Musser St
Ste 1025
Carson City, Nevada
Phone: (775) 887-2087
Fax: (775) 887-2146

Churchill County

155 N Taylor
Ste 110
Fallon, Nevada
Phone: (775) 423-6028
Fax: (775) 423-7069
Churchill County website »

Clark County

625 Shadow Lane
P.O. Box 3902
Las Vegas, Nevada

Phone: (702) 383-1223

Douglas County

1616 8th Street
P.O. Box 218
Minden, Nevada
Phone: (775) 782-9023
Fax: (775) 782-9016
Douglas County website »

Elko County

571 Idaho Street
Elko, Nevada
Phone: (775) 753-4600
Fmx: (775) 753-4610
Elko County website »

Esmeralda County

P.O. Box 547
Goldfield, Nevada

Phone: (775) 485-6367
Fmx: (775) 485-6376
Esmeralda County website »

Eureka County

Main Street
P.O. Box 677
Eureka, Nevada
Phone: (775) 237-5262
Fmx: (775) 237-6015
Eureka County website »

Humboldt County Clerk

50 W. 5th Street
Winnemucca, Nevada
Phone: (775) 623-6343
Fmx: (775) 623-6309

Lander County

315 So. Humboldt Street
Battle Mountain, Nevada
Phone: (775) 635-5738
Fmx: (775) 635-5761
Lander County website »

Lincoln County

1 North Main Street
P.O. Box 90
Pioche, Nevada
Phone: (775) 962-5390
Fmx: (775) 962-5180
Lincoln County website »

Lyon County

27 South Main Street
Yerington, Nevada

Phone: (775) 463-6501
Fmx: (775) 463-5305
Lyon County website »

Mineral County

105 South 'A' Street
P.O. Box 1450
Suite 1
Hawthorne, Nevada
Phone: (775) 945-2446
Fax: (775) 945-0706

Nye County

101 Radar Road
P.O. Box 1031
Tonopah, Nevada
Phone: (775) 482-8127
Fmx: (775) 482-8133
Nye County website »

Pershing County

398 Main Street
P.O. Box 820
Lovelock, Nevada
Phone: (775) 273-2208
Fmx: (775) 273-3015
Pershing County website »

Storey County

B' Street
Drawer 'D'
Virginia City, Nevada
Phone: (775) 847-0969
Fax: (775) 847-0921
Storey County website »

Washoe County

1001 E. Ninth Street
P.O. Box 11130
Reno, Nevada

Phone: (775) 328-3670
Fax: (775) 328-3747
Washoe County website »

White Pine County

801 Clark Street
Ely, Nevada
Phone: (775) 289-2341
Fmx: (775) 289-2544
White Pine County website »