A rainbow American flag

35 percent of evangelical Protestants now support same-sex marriage. It may not seem like a lot, but in 2007 that number was just 14 percent.

In contrast to recent signals from the White House, statistics show that public support for gay marriage has been steadily increasing in recent years. Across America, people are more accepting of the LGBT community than ever before. And it’s not just atheistic city-dwelling millennials driving this trend – the rate of acceptance is up throughout society.

A recent study on same-sex marriage conducted by the Pew Research Center shows just how fast the tide has turned, and the numbers might surprise you. Notably, even conservative Christians are not exempt from the shifting sands of public opinion.

A chart showing support for gay marriageGay Marriage, By the Numbers

Within the span of just a decade, there has been a dramatic reversal in public acceptance of gay marriage (see chart at right). In 2007, only 37 percent of Americans were in favor. 10 years later, and that number has climbed to 62 percent.

Religious divides do remain, but they are no longer as prominent as they once were. According to the study, a whopping 85 percent of non-religious Americans approve of gay marriage. As one might expect, support among Christians is much lower than that. However, it is steadily rising. One striking example: 35 percent of evangelical Protestants now support same-sex marriage. It may not seem like a lot, but in 2007 that number was just 14 percent – meaning support has more than doubled in the past 10 years.

What’s Causing the Shift?

This obviously begs the question: what’s changed? For decades, Christianity has taught that homosexuality is a sin. This belief gave rise to all manner of treatments for the “condition” – among them the highly controversial practice of conversion therapy.

There are plenty of Christians who still think in these terms, but it’s clear which side has the momentum. Church leaders are changing their tones, as are their parishioners. Harsh rebukes and harmful treatments have been replaced by messages of tolerance and admonitions of cruelty.

A key factor driving this trend is younger Christians, who are generally more open to gay marriage than their older counterparts. For example, Pew’s research shows that among have evangelical Protestants, age plays a huge factor in their opinions. 51% of evangelical millennials believe society should accept homosexuality, while only 33% of Baby Boomers and 20% of the Silent Generation believe the same.

Is the World Burning Yet?

Whether people approve of it or not, gay marriage has now been legal for over two years. So, how have things gone? Has the institution of marriage crumbled under the weight of all the “sinners” now taking their vows? Have our nation’s children suffered permanent harm? Is society unraveling? These were just a few of the arguments made in opposition of same-sex marriage. Thankfully, we seem to have avoided these apocalyptic scenarios. Interracial marriage sign

Perhaps that has also played a part in growing acceptance among Christians. Once it became clear that the fire-and-brimstone predictions were off the mark, some people may have decided it was better to live and let live.

Moving Forward

It seems clear which direction society is moving on this issue. However, there are plenty of interesting questions to consider. For example, how will we look back on this issue 30, 40, or 50 years from now? Will it be viewed similarly to the Civil Rights movement? Or differently?

What do you predict?

1. Larry Copeland says:

Satan is increasing his followers in such a simple way only Gods fowellers have figured it out and are staying away from the easy way to Hell

1. angel722 says:

I agree, satan has increased his follower’s and they are all in the church! Hate, judgement, lack of love,. Yes, satan has definitely left his mark and it started with Christianity!

1. Liz says:

Christians still live the sinners, christians are sinners. All Christians want is to live their beliefs, are they vocal? Yes, but so are the LGBTcommunity. You honestly believe they aren’t hate mongers? If you want conversations, let converse, but you don’t want Christians to have their voice you just want what you want. Where’s the equality in that? Honestly, I’m a christian with a gay brother, we love each other and have differing opinions, it’s ok not to agree. Don’t let “your” hate be because I have a difference in belief or opinion….

1. angel722 says:

They can have their voice, just as I can have mine right now. Why are you getting so defensive? I wasn’t even referring to you. I was commenting a reply Larry. So why interject yourself into a comment not meant for you? Just because your a church goer doesn’t mean this is a personal fight against Liz. He had his opinion, and I have mine, perhaps you should wave the banner towards someone who cares!

2. Nick says:

God forgives you no matter what you do you can kill steal and be gay and he will forgive you wen you die god will ask you if you repeant you will go to heaven i will quote in my own words from what it says in the new testament that god says to be abel to go to heaven in this case comitting big sins who ever belives in the lord and his words of teachings and what he did for us wich was die on the cross for are sins ( read the 5 last words i said he died for are sins so we can be forgiven and be abel to go to the kingdom of god with him no matter what you do all god ask is to repeant your sins and you will be with the lord) and if you are reborn again your ticket to heavenis open even if your gay im a minister who’s bi sexual i like women and men so basically im gay and straight we Americans who are gay or bi did not just one day say o i want to become gay we where born that way thats why some peope call it bi qerouse we dont know yet tell we are older and done all kinds of stuff to figuer out what we are its not a choice its decide when we are born if being gay is so bad then why has god not killed any gay people why cause he understsnds we humans are so qerouse and it is not are faults god gave man kind free will when Adamn and Eave disobeyed god remember in geniuses it says my qoute again ( Then god spoke to Adamn and Eave [ You can eat from any tree but the tree of knowledge so how ever eats it shall gain knowledge of good and evil and will die] what i mean about that is they had everlasting life with god in the garden of Eden and lost it when they sind but most of all the 2 bigest points in my discussion not argument or say your wrong and your bailiffs cause thats yourse not mine im my own person just like you but any way murder is in the 10 commandments but not being gay also one of Jesus decibels was a murderer and i have had heard gods voice and he has saved my life from death so many times i have dreams of seeing him but cant see his face i have had dreams of god saving my life in Armageddon he has answered my prayers the day i ask them and hes let me seen my garden angel in a dream and i could barley tale but i belive my garden angel is a women so this is what i believe that just cause im gay and straight dose not mean im not going to go to hell but going to heaven so that’s what i believe so hopefully this can make you sit back and think about it cause all of what i said i strongly believe the holly spirit has helped me explain the whole concept of being gay sinful and it is bad and evil

1. Christopher L Wood says:

I don’t invision a liberal left in heaven. There’s are no two sides to any sin. God doesn’t make mistakes, God is the word and the word is with God. It boiles down to this, if before God you repent, than you have deceived yourself and the kingdom you desire for choosing that path. Sins of the flesh have led you astray, your greatest sin is turning your back to God words. Pray for guidance repent and sin no more.

2. Alan says:

Nick, you poor misguided soul, God does not change. What God hates in the Old Testament God also hates in the New Testament. The Ten Commandments are given to show us our sin and our need for salvation. It is like a mirror, a mirror can show me if I have dirt on my face or if I have a stain on my shirt. The mirror will not clean the dirt off my face, I have to do something about the dirt. The mirror will not clean the stain off my shirt, I have to do something about the stain. The 10 Commandments show me my sins, it doesn’t forgive me of my sins. I have to make a choice to do something about it. I have to turn to Christ Jesus to clean me and forgive me, but it takes my repentance and my faith. Christ Jesus did not abolish the Ten Commandments when he gave us a new covenant; to love the Lord God first and to love others as He loves us. Christ Jesus fulfilled the Ten Commandments with this new covenant. By loving God first and foremost we will find that our love for others will grow and we will see our keeping of the Ten Commandments is easier. We will be honoring our Mothers and Fathers, we will not steal, we will not covet, we will not lie, we will not murder, we will not bare false witness, etc., etc. Our understanding of God’s love for us will be exhibited in our love and kindness toward others. This does not mean we are to be accepting of sin in others’ lives. Our commission is still the same – to spread the Good News of Christ Jesus to all the world. And, Nick, we cannot help others if we ourselves are still reveling in our own sins. The change must be lived I our own lives so the example we are called to be is not hypocritical of the Word we share. Looking at II Timothy 3:1-5, we are told that these times we are in now are perilous and we are to flee from the worldliness of such people (like yourself), not to be accepting of their ways. I do not hate you Nick, I love you. I do not judge you, Nick, that is Jesus’ job. I do question your education and your knowledge of the Word of God. I do question your beliefs. I will tell you that your perception of things is skewed because of your sins. I will pray for you Nick.

2. Christopher L Wood says:

The bible is very clear on the subject Sodom and Gomorrah is testament to that. I’m oppose to that union, gay marriage has no purpose in the Christian faith.

1. Don says:

Leave them be, Let GOD sort them out! Just like we did about 47 years ago

2. Rev. Ian T. Lombardo says:

It also says in the bible that you shall not adorn yourself with gold, eat pork, wear mixed fabrics, have tattoos, and cut your hair among other things. So in reality, we’re all sinners.

1. Just a. HEBREW says:

Words well written and all due respect. However the laws and agreements was only unto the House of Israel, The Israelites not all other Nations.

3. Buckley Sachs says:

To Christopher L Wood

The Bible is very clear on a great deal of things that you have done and that you and your friends do often. There are other parts of the Bible that are very clear “He who is without sin cast the first stone.” Thank God for Jesus and His teachings to “Love one another as I have loved you,”
        I we could “not sin” we would not need Jesus.
        Read other parts of the Old Testament and look at “the Law” Then read what Jesus has to say about people who use the law to get their converts. – Matthew 23:15.
        God Bless You

4. angel722 says:

I don’t think people are fighting to make it a part of the Christian faith, just the right to be able to marry who they choose without getting a bunch of BS for it! What if your child grew up and told you they were gay and would turn away from who they were, would you walk away?
        You remind me of my mother right. My transgendered daughter recently told her she would be transitioning. She has known for 7 years she is transgendered but help out hope that one day God would change her. Reality has finally hit. And of course, she blames me because I had her baptist ed in the church when she was young and I didn’t raise her right. And now she has to chose. Or, at least in her mind she does because she is the only one who doesn’t want to accept it. So what do you do? Is it all or nothing and walk away, or do you continue to love the person anyway’s?
        Only each individual can decide are the definition of acceptance is and where that boundary lies within themselves.

5. CJ says:

Before you start saying the Bible is clear about Sodom and Gomorrah, you are right. However the Bible is also clear about what the sin of Sodom actually is not. You need to reread the story through the lens of what the prophet Ezekiel writes 2500 years later. This is also authoritative scripture. Ezekiel 16:49 explains, “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.”

That is the sin of Sodom, and there is no reference to homosexuality. Sadly too many Christians blindly quote story this without having done due diligence to studying the Word of God. Not only are they in error, they cause continued harm to the body of Christ through their ill-informed understanding of Scripture which is often based on rhetoric that they have been taught rather than which they have studied in depth.

3. Liz says:

It’s easy to be politically correct. God is the same today as he was yesterday and tomorrow. He stated it is sin to lay a man with a man and a woman with a woman. Christians are following Jesus, not man kinds views which are based on Satan,
      No one wants to be hateful, but just in the Word. Why is it we, as Christians are called intolerant, haters & those with a different opinion are deemed right? We are not advocating hate, we are advocating the word of God. God’s word is above any man made law, let us continue to agree to disagree and be less politically correct.

1. Gail Ann Myres says:

Best comment I have seen on this site.

2. angel722 says:

Because your to busy taking offense to opposing views that you fail to listen to a word anybody say’s.

3. Jim says:

You are called intolerant and haters because you are intolerant, and you hate. I don’t know and don’t care if those with a different opinion are right or wrong.

By the way, God didn’t say squat. You read that in a book that was written 500 years ago by a collection of men.

2. Rev. Rob says:

it is a perversion the gay life style it is not natural in that they can not procreate

1. angel722 says:

Tell that to your friend’s daughter who is sterile and can’t bear children. Imagine being judged just for the sole fact your reproduction parts don’t work! But yet, noone judges the woman recently who did bear a kid and 11 years later killed her and stuffed her into an empty freezer! Yeah, something just ain’t right about that!

1. robert2420Rev. Robert says:

It is a waste of time to be concerned about individuals who cannot or do not procreate. Be concerned about the children born to a legal marriage or born out of wedlock that are abandoned by their parents. Grandparents (Christians, Jews, Budists, Muslims) across this great Country are raising their grandchildren. Some will grow up gay, some may become Ministers, some may commit crimes, but they still are all created by the same God and deserve to be loved by all the other creatures created by that same God.

1. Liz says:

Sir~
          I’m worried about you and your comments. We are our brothers keepers. We should worry about all whether they procreate or not.
          Jesus wants us to contend for the faith. He allows us all to choose our path to heaven or hell.
          You should know you are either with God, or against him.
          Some of the most misaligned comments come from Pastors, Reverands etc.
          How you preach will be how your judged, if you don’t care, leave your congregation so they don’t get a blase’ attitude too. Christians are to live everryone, only God will decide who to love & forgive…. we need to let everyone choose their own way… hopefully, they’ll choose Jesus and get his gift of grace…. God be with you Reverand, may you read and reread your Bible to better direct your flock to Jesus…. God Bless

1. Andrew Hill says:

WAKE UP! The world is unravelling before our eyes, it’s time to focus on the Christians who desire to fallow the word of the book, and not the ways of the sodimites..

2. Amanda Harris says:

I can’t procreate either because God made me infertile! Does that mean I’m a perversion too? Also, there are many animals in the world that are homosexual. Did they choose to be gay? Who created the gay animals? Are they going to hell?
      Christians are supposed to be followers & imitators of JESUS CHRIST, whom in all of the Gospels, NEVER mentions being gay is a sin. He was loving & kind & never judged anyone, even people living in blatant sin. He did however get EXTREMELY upset with the religious leaders of the day for leading His people astray. The verses that mention homosexuality were either in the Old Testament or written by the Apostle Paul, whom ironically never married, didn’t care for women & travelled with many young men, i.e.- Silas, Timothy, etc. Hmmm.🤔 What do secretly gay ministers do to cover up their gayness??? They bash gays & go on & on to create a distraction from themselves! Christians need to go back to basics & Read Matthew through John (The Gospels) ONLY, over & over & over & see what the Jesus I read about, really is.
      Every word of the Bible ISN’T God’s Word. Also, the versions of the Bible we have now have been translated so many times, there’s no telling what it really said. All I know is that JESUS said to obey 2 commandments, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul & strength & to Love your neighbor as yourself.” He said, “if you obey these 2 then you will meet all the others.”
      If Christians would actually follow Christ’s example & love people & help meet their needs, perhaps Christians wouldn’t be looked down upon. Do you think when Jesus fed the 5,000, He omitted everyone that was gay????
      It’s time to for the Body of Christ to “stop picking at your neighbor’s eye splinter & pull the LOG out of their own!”-Jesus
      I feel that the church needs to beg God’s forgiveness & start trying to make positive changes in people’s lives.
      Why do you think church attendance is at an all time low? Because people are tired of being told what to think. We’re tired of feeling bad about ourselves every Sunday.
      Jesus died for EVERYONE! No one is better than anyone else. TIme to WAKE UP Christians! It’s time to act like Christ!

I don’t care what people do in their own homes. I just don’t want to know about it. There is plenty wrong with being gay, divorce, etc. All sin but one are the same. But some things breed disorder and chaos. To each his own punishment in this place. Just don’t ask me to provide, protect or be happy about things I don’t like. And don’t try to force it on me or my family. Sexual preferences are not a right to have special rights.

1. Thomas Thunderhorse says:

I personally don’t have any qualms about anyone being gay. However, as a believer in the Holy Scriptures, I do believe GOD and His word does not allow me to condone marriage of gay couples. I do have family members who are gay, and I love them deeply, but my love for them does not mean that I condone what they do. I do believe that being gay has a lot to do with demonoc possession or obesession. However, that is just my thoughts and beliefs. GOD bless you all.

4. Pastor Ken Ferguson says:

I find the idea of anyone questioning the rights of others ridiculous to the 9th degree…. no one has the right to infringe apon the rights of anougher …we all have the right to happiness

Please let’s grow past all our insecuritys and allow others the same rights that you enjoy

One day they will look back in wonder at our ignorance of those that lived at this time

1. JOHN MAHER says:

AMEN PASTOR KEN FERGUSON, AMEN, DUMP the IGNORAMUS COWARDLY CRIMINAL TRAITOR tRUMP, GOD is GREAT so is the US of A

1. Pastor Mark says:

Well, I can see that BOTH you and pastor Ken are well read in Scripture, NOT. As for me and my house, WE will follow the God of Abraham, Isaac,and Jacob!

2. Liz says:

John~
        Really? What’s Trump got to do with this? He was the choice of the people, he’s the first “real” President this Christian Nation has had in a long while.
        Although you’re entitled to your opinion, why the name calling? Are you insecure with your choice and your beliefs?
        You disagree with him or others? That’s ok, but try to be a bit more tolerant of those with other opinions differing from your own. To each his own, but no need to name call…. God Bless…

1. Minister Mandy says:

Actually, Hillary Clinton was the people’s choice by several million votes, however we were overruled by an antiquated voting system called the Electoral College. Just look it up.
          America was actually founded to give ALL people religious FREEDOM, so they could worship as they pleased. So many of our ancestors have sacrificed & gave their lives for that freedom & conservative Christians want to undo it. Some of the founding Fathers weren’t Christians. Some were Atheists, some were Deists, etc. It isn’t RIGHT to make laws based on one religion’s beliefs!That is IGNORANT & selfish thinking! How would you feel if someone told you you couldn’t be here anymore because you were raised in the Muslim faith? If you want to live in a country that makes all of their people practice one religion, then perhaps you should move somewhere in North Korea.

5. Ray says:

I’m still trying to figure out what right I have, that they don’t ? But I only have a pocket Constitution to go on. Maybe you have the teachers addion with all the answers ?

6. angel722 says:

If heaven means joining a spiteful, hateful, judgemental God and you all are a reflection of him, his children, Yeah, I think I will pass. Your heaven sounds like hell to me and I think I would rather stay put!

1. Ray says:

So why are you even on this page?

1. angel722 says:

Because this site is for everyone, not just christians.

2. Liz says:

So it’s your choice to go to hell, not God’s. In reading your comment I felt your hateful, judgemental & spite. You will one day be standing before the white throne judgement of God, and he will allow you to read my comment and he’s going to remind you that you chose to go to hell, he’s not forcing himself on you. You will stand there wailing and nashing of teeth and be sent to the very place you of your choice… hell.
      I think your a very foolish individual for stating this, however, I honor your freedom to choose…. let it be everyone’s right to choose heaven or hell, but let’s find it in our hearts not to hate either side… Christ says to love everyone, he’ll decide on all our choices…. Jesus does love everyone, but he isn’t forcing you to choose him, you’ll always have that freedom to choose.
      Whatever way you choose, may God Bless you and hopefully, you’ll be tolerant of us as you want us to be of your ideals, hate, spite and judgements….

1. angel722 says:

Alright, well, let me ask, why do you follow him?

2. Felix says:

🤔 So you’re saying that God is going to have these comments on hand in heaven for us to peruse when we’re standing before “the white throne”?

7. rabbi jim says:

Stop the persecution of gays, idiots! If you don’t approve of them, just ignore the subject and keep your mouth shut. Remove the splinters from your own eyes before trying to remove them from others. If you want to persecute someone, persecute the Muslim terrorists! But, start with yourself, first. Have a blessed day in this wretched society, Sholom

1. JOHN MAHER says:

HOORAY RABBI JIM, FORKED TONGUE COMMENTERS, IGNORANT VILLAGE IDIOTS ALL,…….DUMP the IGNORAMUS COWARDLY CRIMINAL TRAITOR tRUMP and HIS WHITE SUPREMISTS ALL, GOD is GREAT, so is the US of A

2. Rabbi Mark says:

So tell me again what Torah says about the subject Rabbit. I read Hebrew also, and that is not what I read.

3. Felix says:

Can we persecute terrorists from other religions too? I mean…It’s only fair 😀

8. Michael Spinelli says:

I think whats going on is the construction of a smooth paved road to hell. This wrong.

9. Dennis Williams says:

The Bible is my guide on these matters. It is stated very clear that marriage is between a man and a woman.

1. angel722 says:

But why? Why does God say this? If you truely believe this is what God say’s, then should we not try to understand why? If your only answer is because the bible say’s so, then your faith is not in a God but in a book, a book made by many different beliefs long after Jesus died, and ironically, Jesus never wrote a word of it. It all falls on the shoulder’s of his apostles who , ironically to, all had different interpretations of what Jesus or God said. So how do you know this is what God really wants? Does God actually have a gender, or is he a spirit with no gender and Jesus turned him into a man? I’m just curious. I hear people talking about their beliefs yet not really understanding why they believe it.

10. JOHN MAHER says:

the BIBLE is JUST that, a GUIDE, a POST or COMMENTS, BELIEFS of MANY PERSONS, IT IS NOT the WORD of GOD………….DUMP the IGNORAMUS COWARDLY CRIMINAL TRAITOR tRUMP, GOD is GREAT, so is the US of A………..

11. REV. TOM SCHMIDLE says:

I AM REV. TOM SCHMIDLE I AND SAY IT IS ABOUT TIME WE EXCEPT ALL IN OUR CHURCHES. REV. TOM

1. Rev. Robert says:

Believe you mean “accept”. Too many are already excepted to our organized religions.

12. Rev. Roger says:

I will never understand the gay lifestyle, but feel everybody should have equal rights. I feel they should have all the rights, that a man and woman has as a married couple, But semantics is the issue. Marriage was given to us by God, between a man and woman according to the bible, but the bible also gave us, ” Judge not lest ye be judged”. I think we need to try to love one another and be a little more tolerant. God will decide what was right or wrong when we get there.

1. Paster Robert says:

But he also said ” if you cannot judge amongst yourselves how can you judge in the kingdom of God”

13. Just a. HEBREW says:

just read the scriptures…

14. Terry Williams says:

Christians should follow the teaching of Christ. The enemies of the Lord are very sincere and will do their best to seem Godly so beware Brothers be ye not deceived. The road to enlightenment is very narrow. Just let me know how to find it…Live long and prosper

15. Preacher says:

Rev. Roger, you are right. I will never understand that kind of life style my self. scripture tells us do not judge for you will be judge. scripture also tells us the lord loves everyone, even gay people but you must turn away from the sin. when a man and a man lay together, what comes out of it. Nothing filth. same thing with a woman and a woman. to the lord that’s an abomination. but when a woman and a man lay together families are created, something that the lord blesses. there is no thing as transgender. you are either a man or woman…..That’s It!!!! my nephew’s high school they installed a transgender bathroom, which I find incredibly stupid. these kids are only having sex in the bathrooms. my niece also goes’ to this high school, what message is that sending to her. buy it’s o.k. people might find my words to be naïve, but when we go before the lord one day, try arguing with him and see what happens.

1. Jac says:

If they are having sex in the restroom then they are also having sex in closets, handicap stalls, and empty class rooms. Providing a safe space for those who don’t fit the majority rule does not equate encouraging sex in youth (they will find a way, that’s what young people do)… its the availability and lack of education of the emotional and physical risk involved in sexual behavior that allows them to feel comfortable with using such a place for sex at their age. And sex is not an evil thing but is something we should treat with caution like most things that have consequences but they aren’t taught that. Also the lord gives us all our trials, have you ever thought that a transgendered person might really be a woman in a mans body because the lord gave them that as a trial, and their journey is becoming who they actually are in the inside without succumbing to the pain of the hate and ill treatment of others that forms who god intended them to be.There’s grace in finding yourself without succumbing to the poison of others hate. Same for being gay or any other LGBT+ person, their trial is to be able to love despite the hate given them and despite their own spiritual leaders abandoning them instead of showing them the love that Jesus would have given them. They become more than you by being above your judgement, and maybe that was their trial by god and their entry to love/heaven.

We stand back and allow it to happen because it is sin. We understand they are sinning, feel pity for them, love them, and pray for them to see. But condemning them to hell is not our job. Just know and understand why their lives are not prosperous and strange things are applied to their lives.

1. angel722 says:

But how do you know their lives are not prosperous? What is your interpretation of prosperous?

17. Pastor Robert says:

Unfortunately there are some very prosperous ones in the world, but let us remember the story of Lazarus and the rich man. Our reward will be in the Kingdom of God

18. Rev Jay says:

Ever notice that it’s the ones who protest the loudest against gay people are the ones caught with their pants down cheating on their wives with men?

1. angel722 says:

To be fair, I often find it’s the leader’s who become corrupt. I believe most of the follower’s are merely following the leadership of the leader and they follow what they are taught. Since it’s not illegal to kill people, brainwashing is the next best thing. I’m not necessarily talking about the religion, but more the interpretation of it and,of course, the money. People need something to believe in and come to this religion for many different reasons but for many of the leader’s. I think they often start out pure, some with good intentions, and some not, but I have seen some who gained to much power and money, that it went to their heads and they literally sold their souls for the business. Many preach about the word of God, especially tithes, yet they failed to teach them about Jesus’s dispise for the pharassee’s for turning the church into a christian swapmeet. It’s no different today, bookstores, coffeeshops, swimming pools for the kids, and $25,000 for seminaries. Gigantic TV’s and expensive production equipment and then selling it back to their people. It’s crazy, apparently Jesus thought so to. But each also gives back to what the people seem to want, at least some of it.
      But on an individual level, each person has to decide for themselves what they believe and what that means to them.

19. Bill Fox says:

Hitler would have loved to have gay marriage, with registered licenses, before he came to power, of course.

1. angel722 says:

Perhaps, could be where his spyhillis came from.

20. Jim says:

How about this? If you don’t like gay marriage, don’t marry a gay person. There. Problem solved.

Okay, go ahead and argue. I’ll respond later.

21. Termitus Excitus says:

Wow. This thread can be very mean and narrow minded. Not all, but a great deal of the comments are in judgement of others.
    I thought Coexist was the goal.

22. David Atkins says:

We must remember that the Bible is not God–God is God. The earliest apostles understood this. Acts Chapter 15 describes the amazing Jerusalem Council, where the apostles carefully considered whether every detail in the scriptures must be obeyed–or not. They saw that Gentiles were leading God-filled lives without following Jewish law. And so, the apostles decided that portions of the Bible which are incorrect or no longer applicable need not be followed.

Our LGBTQ brothers and sisters who are living God-filled lives are living proof that the Bible is not always correct–or, if you wish, is being misunderstood.

23. Minister Robles says:

Christians may be more tolerant but does God see it that way? Our church promotes to do what is right. Same sex marriage, transgenders and homosexuality are not right. Very simple: If your junk hangs, you’re a man. By the process of elimination, the only sex left is woman. Simple, right? I’m sorry but in nature, I don’t see animals of the same sex staying together and “mating” for life. I don’t see a male dog or cat act like a female and try to mate. I don’t see a female bird of paradise have the same plummage as a male. Nature got it figured out. Why can’t we? I do not believe in the bible so y’all can’t say I get this from there. Just common sense. Remember to do what is right and everything will be clear.

24. Katrina says:

First let consider what the sin is here, if it the love between gays then Christ himself is the greatest of all sinners because he loved his disciples and man kind in general far more than any two humans could love each other regardless of their gender. If it is the sexual act itself then husbands who require such acts from their wives and vice-versa are just as sinful as the gays. If the marriage bed being holy means these acts are holy by marriage then any sex act regardless of its degradation would be holy as long as it was done in the marriage bed. These are of course my understanding of our word only for myself, I cannot judge any person for I am not God but I strive instead to love all as God loves them. If asked my personal understanding on these things this is my answer. If asked to marry I now refuse all, my understanding of marriage is for procreation and multiply and subduing the earth. We have accomplished this so now marriage is no longer needed instead chastity and submission of our whole body to God for fasting and prayer to his will be done. Again these things are mine for myself I do not by any means ask any person to up hold the standard I have required of myself. My prayer for all is that our LORD open up inside of each of you his standard for your purpose in his will and that you each follow your own purpose.