giraffeAll dogs do indeed go to heaven, as do cats, horses, and sugar gliders the pope declared in a recent weekly address at the Vatican. Animal rights advocates have praised the announcement, while theological conservatives have remained skeptical. The pope’s powerful words do inspire an important discussion about whether animals have souls, and whether these souls go to heaven. In doing so, the pope also inadvertently challenges the traditionally accepted conditions for entering eternal paradise.

The Immortality of the Animal Soul

As with many of his recent statements, which have covered topics such as homosexuality, atheism, and evolution, the pope’s most recent comments about the fate of animal souls has helped solidify his reputation as a forward-thinking progressive. “The Holy Scriptures teach us that the creation of this marvelous design concerns all that is around us, and all that came out of the thoughts and heart of God”, he said in his address, maintaining that “[p]aradise is open to all creatures, and there we will be vested with the joy and love of God, without limits. And it’s so beautiful to think of being face to face with He who gives strength to the soul”. Organizations such as The Humane Society and the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals have praised the pope’s announcement.

Not all religious thinkers have lauded the pontiff’s words, choosing instead to interpret the message with a restrained moderation. “We all say that there will be a continuity between this world and the joyful one of the future, [but also] a transformation”, says emeritus professor of theology Gianni Colzani. “It is the balance between the two things that we are not in a position to determine”, he continued, and “[f]or that reason, I think we shouldn’t make [Pope Francis] say more than he says”. Still plenty of others are willing to show support for Francis’s musings about animal souls. Although his message was not an official church decree, Francis’s words were “pretty clear” and can’t simply be dismissed, argues Jesuit priest and author Father James Martin, SJ, who added, “people have loving relationships with their pets and why would God destroy those loving relationships?”

The End of Salvation Theology?

dog dryerPope Francis, as well as people like Father Martin, force us to re-think our place as humans on earth as well as in the afterlife. What makes human beings so special that only the human soul lives on in eternal paradise? One might argue that only the human soul lives on in eternal paradise because only humans are self-aware, thus only humans are aware of their own wrong-doing, and thus only humans are rewarded for avoiding wrong-doing. The problem with this argument is that it implies that animals are relegated to oblivion just because they are not self-aware. But if they are not self-aware, they are not aware of wrong-doing, and if they are not aware of wrong-doing, why should they be punished by having their souls destroyed? It doesn’t seem fair.

But Pope Francis’s message about the fate of animal souls also has potentially dire implications for traditional Christian concepts of salvation, which are mired deeply in the doctrine of soteriology. The doctrine of soteriology states that salvation is attainable only through acceptance of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. However, if indeed animals are not self-aware, and they cannot comprehend who Jesus Christ was, it is not possible for them to seek redemption for their sins by accepting the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Thus, if Pope Francis is correct and animals can go to heaven, it completely turns the basis for salvation—redemption through Christ—on its head. We are then forced to re-think the conditions on which animals—human and non-human alike—enter paradise.

Pope Francis’s words will ring true for many progressives, while theological conservatives will remain staunchly skeptical, preferring to believe in a stark, impermeable boundary between the everlasting human soul and the disposable non-human one, based on the concept of self-awareness. What are your thoughts as a Universal Life Church minister on the immortality of animal souls? Do non-human animals go to the afterlife, or are their souls obliterated by God? What does it truly mean if “we are all children of the same universe”?

Source:

The Huffington Post

1. Pastor Andy Anderson says:

I would also recommend that you read ebook “God Science and Life” regarding the disposition of animals after they die. Specifically reference pages 32 and 33 at: http://www.celestialgrace.org/ebook/ebook_gsl.html

Respectfully,
    Pastor Andy Anderson

2. Marcella Floyd says:

I feel in my soul that all animals go where we go.

3. rev. angie says:

of course animals have souls, they love, and they are self aware, and they do go to heaven, 🙂

4. Brother David Romasco says:

My friends, how can it truly be a heaven without our animal friends?

1. Susan says:

Exactly Brother David!

2. Minister Stephanie Lynn Rivera says:

Namaste’ Brother David

5. Paul Brenner says:

I’m encourage by the Pope’s statement regarding animals in the afterlife. It is a mystery and only our own journey will find the solution, however, having grieved so terribly for lost pets in my life, I truly hope all God’s creatures reach eternal peace.

6. peter farnsworh says:

then it follows, humans do not need to believe in jesus christ, for they too are animals, Long held, the soul goes to heaven, thus all creatures go to heaven for they have souls. Hindu construct. added also is that the soul reappears in a different physical form. rebirth, heaven is just a temp place. population growth? where do new souls comes from? long long ago we struggled to just keep populations stable, the rational mind can not keep up with these contradictions and religious doctrine is abound with them. thank god for god. and for those choosing not to be in the reproduction of humans the soul must end there. and thinking too much could lead to chaos.

1. Brother Dan says:

I have to disagree, there is a major difference between humans and animals, power of choice. You choose to do right or wrong, an animal works on instinct.

7. adrian close says:

My friends, we souls visit this plain to live life here, to learn and to grow. We come born into this life as human, or animal, bird, insect or fish. When the body dies we return home. If we did not take human human form for our life, then we get a free pass home. We largely choose the form we will take when we visit. And we are free to visit this plain often, either as spirit or to experience life.

1. Minister Stephanie Lynn Rivera says:

Namaste’ Adrian

8. djsteve57@yahoo.com says:

It’s not mentioned scripturally, so no, I don’t believe they do. What about the pit bull that maims a child, do they feel remorse? I think not. They’d do it again in a heartbeat. What about the crocodile that kills and eats a human…same applies, it’s instinctive. I don’t believe they have souls

1. Angela says:

In the scriptures that were purposefully compounded by the politically humans to make up the scriptures. They are finding Gospels as we speak such as The Gospel of Judas” which actually finds what has been taught is not totally true. God would NOT leave his creations out especially ines without bad intent unlike humans.

1. Kevin DeFranco says:

Like I said God is fair. If a soul is inherently evil it will be destroyed on judgement day with the rest of the chaff that will be burned.

2. Kevin DeFranco says:

Wrong….read Isaiah 11:6 The Kingdom of God will be here on earth and it will restored to its original splendor, as it was before the revolt of Satan. Heaven is where ever God is. Thank God our pets will be there with us.

1. Brother John says:

Thank god we have you here to correct us with your wealth of knowledge, Kevin. The site justaskkevin.com is available. Why not start your own on-line ministry instead of peppering this forum with your self righteous wisdom? I can’t wait to scroll down and see how long it takes for you to shift into psycho mode when someone disagrees with you.

1. Kevin DeFranco says:

Do yourself a favor. go back to stella, she eats up your hatred for me, she sucks it up like a sponge. Hey, when you meet Jesus tell Him what a vicious, brutal myth He is like you told all of us Christians.

9. beemerphill says:

Of course they do. While on earth they are an important part of our life, they will follow us wherever we go and continue to be a part of us.

10. Kevin DeFranco says:

The book of Isaiah declares that animals go to heaven. It does not have anything to do with us however. Jesus said no one gets to the Father but through Me. Its going to be nice being with skippy, or fluffy, or bert. No carnivores in the spirit, wolves lying next to lambs; its great. I hope everyone makes eternity.

1. John A. Owens says:

The book of Isaiah says nothing about animals OR humans going to Heaven. It speaks of the Kingdom of God on Earth. Of course that may just be semantics to you, but the myths obscure the wonderful truth in the Bible

1. Kevin DeFranco says:

Read Isaiah, 11:6 oh unlearned one. Know what your talking about before you shoot your mouth off. All the people hoping to see their pets have every right to believe they will. You knuckle head.

1. Kevin DeFranco says:

Go back to your destructive blog and leave us alone, nobody was involved with you since 2009. Once I realized it I stopped and so did the other guy. you are a negative, disruptive entity, so crawl back under the rock you crawled out from you amoeba.

2. Minister of Peace~ L. Thornton says:

You sir are the very definition of someone who has come to the belief you know God and the teaching of Jesus, however your choice of words, demeanor, and how you present yourself to others through them clearly demonstrates indeed you have much to learn as you are still amiss. And pray for you to find that enlightenment, I shall. AMEN

1. Kevin DeFranco says:

You have absolutely no knowledge of james owens the one who was I admit quite blunt. If you go to other blogs on this site, you will see exactly what I mean. He is a mean brutal trouble maker and rabble rouser and unfortunately there is only one way to deal with it. Yes, I do know God, I know Jesus, I know why I’m here and what I must do to get back to him. It does not include being mamby pamby with evil, or those who live it. Sorry if you don’t like my demeanor but sometimes you have to hit someone with a 2 by 4 to get their attention. Thanks for praying for me, everyone can use His help.

2. Brother John says:

This is nothing L. Thornton. If you’d like to see the real Kevin unleashed, read through his comments on the post “Call to Re-write Religion”, particularly starting half way through when the real Kevin emerges. This was one of the few posts ever closed to comments because of his filthy, threatening and abusive language.

Although he believes it is justified righteous indignation and “defence of his faith” that awakens his judgemental alter ego, I’m sure that he has alerted many people to the dangers of fervently believing and preaching fundamentalist dogma.

Proselytizing on a forum who’s stated mission is to promote the intelligent exploration of all beliefs, is inappropriate, particularly for those unable to conduct themselves in a civil manner, like Mr DeFranco. Sadly and ironically, this behaviour is most often exhibited by those claiming to be following the teaching of Jesus Christ, aka; the Lamb, Light of the World, Prince of Peace, the Truth and the Way.

I often reply to his comments, not to antagonize and encourage him, but to to expose them for what they often are….
            self-righteous, judgmental, hypocritical and unChristian. If more of us pointed this out in a civil but direct manner, as you have done, perhaps he and his admirers would find a more suitable venue for their often deluded opinions.

3. Brother John says:

There you go! It only took two more comments, plus one of your own for the name calling to start. “You knuckle head” is pretty tame though. Come on, you can be more offensive and ignorant than that….

1. Kevin DeFranco says:

I left all the rude, crude, nasty objectionable, dirty comments on your playing field Big Boy. Sorry to disappoint you.

11. Mike says:

A animals didn’t sin against God either. Maybe they don’t. Need redemption.

12. Loyal Collier says:

When Roy of Siegfried and Roy flatlined in the ER after his tiger accidentally mauled him, Roy said he saw every pet he ever owned in Heaven.

13. terry2502 says:

I think the animals of the redeemed will great them on their arrival into paradise.

14. Father Bob says:

Animals know right from wrong and we have the power to forgive their errors. Theseae clear proofs we will see them in heaven

15. AngelDove says:

Yes animals to go Heaven, just as humans do. God created ALL life on earth, including animals, so why wouldn’t he allow them into Heaven. Animals have feelings, emotions, instincts, they live and breathe just as we do. Why would God create a Heaven that does not allow them? He made them especially for “MAN” (humans), to be our companions, our teachers, a food source, etc. I have lost many FRIENDS in my life, many of them were animals. I know they will be there waiting for me at the bridge between Heaven and Earth and we will once again walk together. Animals love as deeply as humans, some even more so, if you want to look a little closer at humans. There are a lot of people out there who show no emotions, no feelings of any kind (sometimes only evil) but when an animal bonds with a person, it is for life and it is the deepest bond that God created. It is too bad that people cannot learn more from the animals……after all, they were put here to teach us and to LOVE us unconditionally and without measure. I would say that by trying to divide the humans from the animals by measure of feelings and emotions one is questioning God’s creations from the very beginning of time. God made no mistakes. He made everything perfect and beautiful.

1. Pia M hooks says:

Amen!

16. Rick Pascal says:

Wouldn’t it be nice if there were a Heaven? I believe there is neither a Heaven or a Hell, but we make of one or the other while here on Earth. I am a Humanist and, therefore, believe in science and evidence. We should love one another as much as we can while here and that goes for our animal pets as well. As a Humanist, I believe in man’s relationship to man rather than to a supernatural higher power in the sky. We must use our conscience as a barometer of good or evil and, hopefully, good will win out. But, if it makes you feel good to think of going to a nicer place post-death, who am I to tell you what to think. Enjoy life to its fullest without harming anyone else.

17. Kevin DeFranco says:

. God made animals and every other living soul for His Pleasure. He loves animals just as He loves us. Some beliefs or presumptions of Christian beliefs don’t cut it .Man is constantly hashing over what God really wants, loves, expects, demands from us, without going to the letter that He left for us. What pope Francis declared is nothing new; its in the Bible. Animals did not rebel against God, man did. There is no need for long, drawn out intellectual discourse on this matter. God, the loving merciful God that made us will not hold animals accountable for man’s short comings and sins, God is a fair God. He gave animals instincts that automatically click in as they live their lives here on earth, and would work quite well if man wouldn’t interfere. He gave us Free will we get to determine how we live. In some respects they are better off than we are They don’t want much. . We on the other hand always want more. We want what pleases us, we want it now, and keep it coming. There’s a big difference between us and the animal kingdom, we have responsibilities to them. To look out for them, to care for them, to love them. Their only responsibility is “to be”. We are the care takers, as God’s children, we live by a different set of rules than animals do and rightly so. It says in the Bible to those who He has given much; He expects much. There are no talking lions, or decision making salamanders. We cannot “humanize” animals. They are taken care of, God covered all the bases. Their souls and spirits are with God when they die. We are the one’s who bear the burden of accountability. We are the ones who faltered in the first age not the animals. Remember what Jesus said.
    ‘I am the Good Shepherd and a good shepherd takes care of his sheep”.How about us? Are we Good Shepherds?

1. Steven P Ruch says:

Thank You for these words. You hit on all the things I was thinking as I have ben reading these comments.

2. Steven P Ruch says:

Thank You for these words. You hit on every thought I was having as I was reading all the comments.

18. Rev. C.A. Thompson says:

For many year I have believed that animals do go to as some call a heaven. One of my favorites is a Rainbow Bridge, I hope that it is true, if so I have a many loved one and friends waiting for me.

19. Minister Stephanie Lynn Rivera says:

I have always believed that our animal friends have Souls…as my beloved cat transitioned recently on Christmas Eve, he let me see where he went. An absolutely beautiful place where he became pure energy. He also let me know that he wouldn’t reincarnate again because he received all he ever needed in this life with me and my family. I do believe they have Souls and that they go where they want to go when they transition. Love and Light to you all.

20. Pastor Bill Shelter says:

I know that everything goes to heaven because if God made everything it will be there when we see it

21. Katrina Walsh says:

I’m sure I’ll see my dogs in heaven when I get there, except for Buttons, there is a special place in hell for him…

22. Dawn says:

Animals are pure souls. I have had spirit visits from my animals that have past from the physical realm into the spiritual realm. Each visit they helped me connect with the Divine source. I am also a Animal Communicator and have had several connections with other people’s animal who also communicated in great detail what the spiritual realm is like. Let Catholics believe what they want, but please don’t tell me what to believe!

1. Kathy Trusdell says:

I, too, have had experiences with animals who crossed over. Even felt depression on bed, then smelling dog breathe! The more open we are, the more we receive. I agree with not telling us what to believe. Animals love us unconditionally and we have a lot more to learn from them.

23. Pastor David Steventon says:

The Pope is indeed wise.
    For myself I treasure time with my pets. My dog, recently died is indeed waiting for me in paradise. He earned his way a darn sight easier than I. He taught me more lessons on how to be a better human being than any human has. Such creatures are gifts from God if we can only open our eyes to see.

24. Karsten says:

God did deem animals important enough to sustain them through the flood.

25. Nancy Caverly says:

Well, an animals soul has not sinned, so of course they go to Heaven! Only humans have sinned against God!

26. Cathy Lowas says:

I hope and pray that heaven is filled w animals. I think all of God’s creatures will be there. I am sure my dad and his favorite mare are riding the trails, w one or two of the family dogs! 🙂

27. Reverend Gary Gigman says:

As Will Rogers said, “If animals don’t go to heaven, send me to where they go!”

28. warjna says:

In my belief, the quality necessary to reach paradise is innocence, which I define as a purity of soul. And there are no souls purer than those of animals and children.

Although I was raised Catholic, I never believed in the concept of “Original Sin.” The idea of a loving God cursing every single child because of one person’s sin was just utterly wrong for me; if that Higher Power (whatever one considers that to be) is a loving Power, then that love must be unconditional. No parent loves their child only when they are “good,” which is only a set of actions predetermined by the parent and incomprehensible to a child. Either the parent loves the child, or they do not. It is not a quality one can turn on and off at will. So to my mind, if there is a soul (which I do believe) and if there is an afterlife (which I also believe) then every soul goes there. For me, it is the Summerland, the place where souls go to rest between one life and the next. And that includes animals.

In addition, I know to my own satisfaction that this is true, because I have been visited by more than one soul–one human and one animal–both of whom came back to reassure me that they were alright.

Your beliefs may vary, and probably do. That’s fine. That’s what the ULC is all about. But I’m glad that Pope Francis (who, I’ll remind you, chose that name for St. Francis of Assisi, who preached not only to men but to animals) has addressed this.

29. marysbirdworld says:

@to you? his sacrifice was supposed to be the last acceptable sacrifice. no more sacrificing is acceptable.

1. Kevin DeFranco says:

You are correct! No more animal sacrifices. I believe the book of Jude says I don’t want your burned sacrifices, I want your love.

30. Walter D. Repass says:

God did indeed love the animals and proved that scripturally when Noah took them on the ark. Even if one doesn’t take that passage literally, it seems unthinkable that heaven would be void of animals. God Bless them all.

31. Pam says:

I’m a pet communicator… I’ve talked to too many across the bridge to not believe. And yes, many are with their people.

1. aka jesse gibbs says:

read the poem The Rainbow Bride it will make you cry!

32. Jerri Lyn Morris-haley says:

Personally I think animals are self aware just because they don’t communicate the way we do doesn’t mean they
    Aren’t . Personally I don’t think God would be so cruel as to zap them into oblivion. If we pay attention we would
    Soon relize animals actually do try to communicate with us. But most are to busy to pay attention, and some
    Are just plain ignorant. Yes I agree with the Pope animals do go to Heaven. Why should mankind be the only living creatures with that right or privledge.

33. John A. Owens says:

First of all, NOBODY goes to “HEAVEN”. That is NOT what the Bible teaches. The Bible teaches about resurrections and the Kingdom of God. The Scripture DOES say there will be animals in the Kingdom of God, but there is NO reference to animals being resurrected in any scripture found in the Hebrew or the Greek Bible. If animals are resurrected that would mean amoebas, paramecia, ants, termites, mosquitoes, groundhogs, buzzards, serpents, fish, rats, bats, gnats, wasps, and aardvarks would also be resurrected. Then there are VIRUSES, plankton, whales and fleas that would have to be resurrected. It is a ridiculous idea, and the Pope, while trying to reassure people who are so attached to their pets, was grossly misleading when he said what he did.

34. Kevin DeFranco says:

Resurrected? You are definitely out there. When a being with a soul dies, its soul and spirit goes back to Him that created it. The clay pot or organic body goes back to the earth, nothing about our bodies are useful in the spirit world. Read Ecclesiastes, genius. chapter 12:6,7,8. God will keep whatever and whoever pleases HIM so you might not want to be so brash. And we don’t determine what being has a soul, He does. There will be wolves lying next to lambs, no carnivores in the spirit world. So don’t deprive people of the hope of seeing there beloved pets. Especially when God loves his animals. There will be no need of any kind of viruses, scavengers, amoebas etc. in paradise I’m looking forward to seeing my wonderful pets and some “higher critic” such as yourself can be alone on the wrong side of the gulf if you choose but not the rest of us. Goodbye!

1. Brother John says:

I understand why you get so frustrated with people who don’t have your vast knowledge and wisdom, Kevin. Luckily for all of us, we simply have to focus on your comments to find the truth. I’m a little confused with this one though. Isn’t a wolf a carnivore? Ohhh, maybe when it’s in eternal heaven it won’t even have to eat anymore…so it’s laying next to the lamb….that also explains the children riding on the T-Rex ….. I get it now. Thanks, Kevin!

1. Kevin DeFranco says:

There will be no more flesh bodies in heaven oh exalted brain trust. no more need to devour flesh….get it. You know, my mom always said “kill ’em with kindness. I guess I’m not being kind enough because you’re still here. lol ha ha ha.

35. VIE says:

For me it makes total sense. Animal are not human beings and can’t sin, homosexuality is about non judgment only the father can, who are we to judge? and God grant us free will for us to seek and find him.

1. Kevin DeFranco says:

When the Father classifies homosexuality as an abomination before Him, and states that they are not to be allowed into the house of God do you think He condones it? When He says in Romans that they are reprobate, and worthy of death(spiritual Death) do you think he wants to nurture it? We do not judge here, but don’t you think you might want to consider His wishes before embarking on a road to spiritual destruction? We must remember, The Bible is His letter to us, telling us how to live here; to get there where He is. He gave us free will to choose in this life whether to follow Him or not. In the first world age, we were all in spirit, and a third of His children rebelled. This world age is a purge so to speak, on The Lord’s day all evil will be purged and there will be no need for further judgment. Everything will be in harmony at last. I hope we are there to pet our precious animal friends. We are not the judge because we don’t know how to judge. We always throw in extenuating circumstances, and grey areas. Jesus said ” you are either for Me or against Me” no grey areas here. As He was the Word made flesh, it might profit us to heed what it says. As you have stated, He did give us all free will and each of us die alone and face Him alone. There are no Johnny Cochrans there to twist anything around, anymore at least in a working sense.

1. Brother John says:

Let’s see if your effort to switch to one of your favourite topics, homosexuality, works, Kevin. Nope. I scrolled down and it’s still about pets. Oh well, maybe next time.

1. Kevin DeFranco says:

Hope springs eternal” Brother John”. And God bless you.

36. Tony Grygera says:

Do pets go to heaven?
    I begin with the position that acceptance of Jesus Christ is NOT required to reach paradise. That said, it would be entirely feasible for pets to go to heaven. But there are other questions related to “life in heaven”.
    In my younger days – admittedly a while ago – Catholic teaching did not dwell on the social aspects of heaven. You were happy to be in God’s presence. You basically had this eternal buzz because you had arrived.
    But if we subscribe to a more human, a more social view of heaven, then we must ask:
    If a wife dies, and the man remarries, when all parties have died, with which wife will the man spend eternity? With half of marriages ending in divorce, and remarriage common, you could have maybe four, five or six people in this scenario.
    A woman divorces her husband due to abuse. Or maybe she is killed by her husband. Will she spend eternity with him?
    A serial killer makes a death bed reconciliation with God. Does he go to heaven and spend eternity with the people that he killed?
    In the larger picture, whether or not Fido or Mittens goes to heaven is not the big question. While no longer affiliated with the Catholic church, I like Pope Francis. He is a refreshing and needed change. I am good with his take on this.

1. Kevin DeFranco says:

Heaven is where God is Tony. If a man kills his wife more than likely he won’t make it on judgment day. There is no giving or taking of marriage in heaven. we will all be the bride of Christ. We don’t know who God will choose to pardon, serial killer….unlikely, Isaiah 11:6 tells of animals in heaven, subscribing to a more “human” view of heaven might be a stretch as we will be in spirit. I don’t remember off hand if its Jeremiah or not, but it gets pretty graphic about what happens to our flesh bodies at the end of times. Flesh melting or something like that. When Christ touches down, in a twinkling of an eye we will be in spirit and no remnants of human bodies will be around. I believe the pets I have loved and have loved me will be there. I’m hoping for it, and I hope I make it.

1. Kevin DeFranco says:

Oh Tony, Accepting Jesus is required to put on immortality. Every soul and spirit gets to paradise, but there are two sides divided by a great gulf. Those on the same side as Jesus made the first cut, Those on the other side, await their fate on judgment day. That’s when our mortal souls either take on immortality or go into the lake of fire.

1. Brother John says:

Tony, pay close attention to Kevin’s words. He is a modern day prophet and will be included in the bible if it’s ever re-written. I wonder what he dreams about. Something scary I’ll bet, with awful things happening to people who disagreed with him….

1. Kevin DeFranco says:

Pay close attention to Luke Chapter 16 Tony. My book is entitled” Haters of modern Christianity” the legend of “Brother John”

2. Kevin DeFranco says:

In that dream, you don’t exist, oops!

37. Reverend Robert G. Martin says:

I know a wonderful dog whom I have been reunited with. I asked another person to take care of her when my home got repossessed. She has been a wonderful pet for all of us and has enriched all of our lives with joy. When she passes away I am sure she will go to heaven. Also I had a pet kitty that vanished one day. I hope I make it to heaven myself and can’t imagine being perfectly happy without them there. I strongly believe in God and somehow I thing animals have some inkling of a Power Greater Than Themselves.
    I know I have stared at the moon and howled with my dog wondering what was out there.

Reverend Robert Martin.

38. Reverend Robert G. Martin says:

All good dogs go to Heaven. There was even a Disney Movie about it. Pope Francis is correct in what he said.

1. Kevin DeFranco says:

Exactly, good dogs make it, not murderous pit bulls or those that kill innocents. There will be no evil left in heaven after judgment day. There will be tears in heaven.

1. Kevin DeFranco says:

There will be NO Tears, is what I meant to say.

1. Pastor David says:

Anyone can make an animal mean. So please do not pick on pit-bulls, they are one of the most loving dogs you could know.

1. Kevin DeFranco says:

Pastor David, you trust them that’s your choice. I trust history, and history doesn’t trust pit bulls, that’s my choice. Myself and my children are all safer that way. Have a nice day.

2. Brother John says:

Whew!! That was close. Your infallibility was almost damaged, Kevin.

1. Kevin DeFranco says:

Not as much as you “Brother John” you are definitely damaged goods.

39. Mat Coddington says:

Personally, I’m of the opinion that the terms of “Salvation through faith in Jesus Christ” applies to humans (and any other like-minded beings out there) who’ve willfully chosen the “sinful” path of separation from the awareness of Perfect Love’s (God’s) presence. If a creature has made no direct choice to cut itself off from Love, made no intentional effort to encourage a “good vs. evil” sense of the world through duality, then it has A) no sin (wrong-doing) to be aware of, B) nor any need for redemption from that sin to reestablish the connection with God. Maybe I’m right, maybe I’m left, you decide. 🙂

40. Jedi Marie Jennifer Moerke says:

I have always thought it silly that humans believe we are the only ones destined for whatever our version of heaven happens to be. It’s a big universe out there and it seems ridiculous that we would think we are the only ones.to me, it is also ridiculous to believe that God would allow or deny you entry into the afterlife based on your opinion about him., Her, or it After all, that’s what a believe is.A very strongly held opinion.

You are right on point!

1. Kevin DeFranco says:

It is silly, and the Word of God declares that there will be animals in heaven, and declares that when this clay pot breaks( 0ur physical body dying) and the silver cord breaks(soul and spirit) we immediately goes back to the One who made it. Period. Forget all these Higher Critics conservative or otherwise, liberals can be wrong too.

41. dee buachaillir says:

Animals don’t go to heaven, neither do catholics Muslims JWs, Jesus said to get to heaven ” ye must be born again” john 3:3….animals can’t be born again…are you tho, cos hellfire awaits if your not.. Animals are biological creatures, they have no soul, just life in them, wen they die the life in animal goes back to God. Man however has a soul, man was made in Gods image, He values man way more than an animal that’s why He told us in Leviticus that we could eat the animal. The pope tells atheists and sodomites they go to Heaven. The pope is a liar, Catholicism is a false religion. Statue bowing, Idolatorous religion. Catholic church is not Christian its Satan’s greatest masterpiece, its a cult. Research u will see. Islam false, Mohammed was a Peadophile, Quran says so. Allah is false..Catholics worship the sun, its the old mother child worship religion of Babylon, Islam worship the moon, the hint is in their symbol, ie the crescent moon…Christ died to be a sin sacrifice to be offered back to God for forgiveness, do this and God will make Himself known to you and you too will be born again. Don’t s this and you take the punishment yourself. John 3:3..spiritual awakening connects us back to God. Adam lost this connection, only in The Lords name can we get it back…who cares what pope says anyway, why care, seriously, how old do u have to be before u realize a statue is just a piece a wood/plastic..chap is an idiot. Christ said let no man decieve u.

1. Brother John says:

WhooHooo dee! Although I don’t disagree with everything you say, it’s obvious that you’re a member of a fundamentalist church of some sort. You do realize that the bible you wave around was compiled by the early Roman Catholic Church don’t you?

2. Kevin DeFranco says:

Dee, consider yourself, “truly blessed”. You are the proud owner of Brother John’s critique of you as a member of a christian fundamentalist church. I’ll bet you never knew you were supposed to be ashamed of it or doubtful of your beliefs until now.Hold on to your hat, cause he will tell you exactly every place where you have failed as a believer of YOUR religion.

42. Brandi Selph says:

I have to say…..I am a Christian, albeit I am not Catholic. I believe that not only do humans and animals have souls but ALL living things have souls. Otherwise, how can it even be a living being. The bible says that EVERYTHING that has breath will praise the Lord. Do trees and other living things not have breath of some kind? Think about that for a moment…… Trees BREATHE in carbon dioxide and breathes out our Oxygen. They are ALIVE! They have breath. They have a soul just as ANIMALS AND HUMANS DO!

43. Osvaldo Torres says:

The notion that animals do not enter heaven because they do not take part in the practice of religion places them as the example how salvation is not in our hands, but in trusting our lives to the eternal because God will do whatever he will do which is good and by simply focusing on making a positive difference in the lives of others out of heartfelt gratitude with the time that we have in our brief existence.

44. Dave says:

Did God not have Noa build and arc to save the animals of the world? if the animal had no kinship to God then he would not have saved them. I believe God loves all his creations and has a place in heaven for all , Be it man or beast. My Dog can show love. He loves me more than himself. He is caring and Loyal, He comforts me when he knows I don’t feel well. He Behaves as God created him to. Animals Like humans are not all perfect, and some like us go astray. Dose that make them all bad? I think not.. So YES I believe animals have a place in Gods eyes and a place in Heaven,